Tonights Guest

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Joep, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Joep

Joep Active Member

Tonights Guest will be Wayne Allyn Root

Mr Root was the Executive Producer of the gaming show "King Of Vegas"

He also is one of the premiere sports handicappers in the world .I'm sure he will be giving our audience his pick of the week for Week #1 of the NFL

check out his web site for more info on his current and past accomplishments

http://www.wayneroot.com/

Joep

2. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

King of vegas....

One of the silliest shows ever.

3. noman

noman Top Member

But Not Silly:

....Was the discussion on on-line gaming and sports betting.

Now I certainly MUST defer to the expert, Mr. Root.

However points to be considered are:

The case of the sports betting site, was actually initiated by one of the three owners, who wanted a test case. He could have stayed on the island with his partners(British protectorate) and lived an idylic life. But as an American he wanted to prove his point and also lead for other Americans.

His reward was a case involving RICO, not to the specifics of on line betting or gambling. And once he re-entered the US he subjected himself to US law.
    On American soil and as a US citizen, he then opened up the US's ability through international law to shut down his site.

The US cannot tell(well they can ask or brow beat or go to war) another soveriegn "state" how to conduct or structure it's infrastructure or business.

POINT: Off Shore bank accounts.

As to congress. Mr. Root, thought there was growing sentiment to enable a law in the short session. I disagree. These numbnuts have too many other items on the agenda to deal with before the recess for elections and then the election concerns are too important for them to smoke screen them with an unpopulist move against gaming.

When(not if) one of these pea brained, in the back pocket, sycophants, probably guided by a vested interest, comes up with workable legislation to tax on line-gambling, it will be legal in the US. Till then, I don't see much threat to the current condition.

Mr. Root does make a solid point that probably the vested interests would be Harrah's or one of the other megaliths.

And so it goes.