Tournament Strategy

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by TheDealer, Aug 3, 2006.

1. TheDealer

TheDealer New Member

Well, the tournament that I am in, I was able to make it to the top 36 players. This setup consisted of 72 players in the second round. In the 2nd round your final score had to be in the top 36 to advance. My final chip count was 1250 and this allowed me to advance to the next round, round three.

ROund three is the same setup. Top 18 advance. Now, winning the table is an ok strategy except you do not gain anything by winning the table and you can risk busting out.

I played pretty conservative to avoid busting out and to make sure my chip count was high enough. ALthough I must admit that I did not think that a 1250 chip count would get me anything except an early exit. Turns out many players must have ended up with 0 totals. Odd strategy if you ask me.

So all of you veterns out there, what do think should be a good strategy to get to the next round? I intend to play the same way and let others eliminate themselves, but I fear with only 36 players left this may cause some problems, that is, me getting eliminated. Also, you do not know if you will advance until EVERYONE is doing playing.

Thanks for your help. :confused:

2. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

Play slowly and watch the other tables and their chip stacks. With 36 players, there should only be 5 other tables.