Tulsa Main Event, My Round One Final Hand

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, May 26, 2007.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Here's another to chew on, and I'll have to give it some more thought myself.

Final hand, $10-$500 in $10 increments, 2 advance, surrender allowed, S17.
    In button order:
    BR5......$ 875.......$430...T8 Dbl(?)
    BR2......$1260.......$340...T5 Surrender.......Ends with $1090
    BR3......$1150.......$500...T7 Dbl(?)
    BR1(Me)..$1575.......$380...3228 (now what?)..Hit and busted.
    BR6......$ 380.......$380...T7...Stood.
    BR4......$ 900.......$450...T6...Hit and busted.
    Dealer has an 8 up, and busts.

My bet covered a double-win by BR2 (plus $10 extra). Now, with two bad doubles ahead of me both full amount, and both face down, I hit my hand to 15, and then stopped for a long while deciding whether to hit again or not. I went ahead and included the rest of the play and the decisions, but the question is should i hit or stand with 15.

Finishing up the results, BR5 busted but BR3 (John Leland) caught a 2 on his 17 and advanced from this table along with me.

2. roandmo9300

roandmo9300 New Member

STAY! Leave it up to the dealer! Eather way, you're in! I always hit 15 & 16 but in this case, there seems to have been an even amount of T & Low cards! I would'nt want to bust myself I'ld take my chance on the dealer! What was the dealers outcome? I asked you but I forgot! Did the dealer draw or have a pat hand?:

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

The dealer busted, and then I had to sweat out the double down cards before advancing.

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Stay

I'd stand. The doubled hands are a big danger and if the dealer busts and BR5 makes a hand you still beat them.

Tricky one though.

Cheers

Reachy