Tunica Grand this weekend

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by TXtourplayer, Aug 22, 2006.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

From what I am hearing the Grand "Where the West Begins" Blackjack tournament is no longer a invited VIP event. I am being told that they have opened it up to the public.

I was told they are sold out of rooms, but for $400 entry you can play in the tournament. I thought it was $500 in the beginning, o'well I guess we will find out in a couple of days.

Good luck to all going to the Grand this weekend.

2. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Update on Grand Tunica WW West BJ Tournament this week-end

OK Swog.....as you so kindly suggested....I've updated the Grand Tunica info on the Event Calendar as there seemed to be some confusion ;) . Hopefully, you changed your mind and are heading this way toward Shreveport with Tex.

Good luck to Grand participants....everyone drive carefully.

le

3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Still opened

I just registered (8/23/06 6:30pm central) for the tournament and got 2 nights at the Veranda for $400 total. I talked to VIP services. I'll see everyone there.

4. TXtourplayer

Glad your coming in Toolman.

Swog and I will be arriving about 5:00/6:00 PM tomorrow night for the free re-buy drawings. Hope to see everyone there.

PS. UTVOLFAN leave Applejax at home this time....LOL. Just kidding hope to see both of y'all there this weekend.

5. UTVolfan

UTVolfan New Member

I'll be there for sure, but Applejax is still undecided. It seems like her winning formula is to wait till the very last minute to decide to play.

6. noman

noman Top Member

Tunica Grand:

Any report? Good time. Bad time. winners, whiners?

7. TXtourplayer

First 2 rounds good time/winner, last round bad time/whiner...LOL

Congrat's to the Cantrell's (Alex and his son Rick) for both making the final table at the Grand tournament. I am not sure what postion they finished in Swog and I left after our semifinal round.

Walt, Swog, Mike F. and I all came up short in our semifinal tables. Swog needed a swing on the last hand to advance, and I was down to head up on my table and just couldn't get a break.

Here comes the whine...LOL, with four hands left (25 total) I was BR2. Hand 22 I get a 7/3 vs dealers 6 and DD catching a 10, the dealer flips an Ace for 17, yea I win and take the lead...WRONG! They hit soft 17 and the dealer hits 6 for 13 and an 8 for 21...DAMN!

Hand 23 I split my bank roll and catch 6/6 vs dealers Jack, I hit and catch another 6 for 18, the dealer flips a 4 and catches another 6 for 20 (of course).

Hand 24 (next to the last hand) I am down to 2450.00 and betting first, I go all in. BR1 has 5000.00 and bets 200. Wow, I can take a 100 lead with one hand to go.

I catch a 20, but of course the dealer hits a blackjack...end of the game. I had the chances, just no luck.

I heard Walt had the lead and a great shot to advance, but his last four hands killed him.

It's like any other tournament, winning is fun, losing isn't.

Guess I'll try again next week in Vegas, I'm either playing or trying to play in Caesar's BJ, Stardust BJ, Bally's VP, Golden Nugget BJ, Flamingo's Roulette.

Hopefully I can cash in at least one.

8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Update: Alex Cantrell took 3rd, and his son Rick 7th.