UBT Discussion

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Sidekick, Feb 22, 2006.

1. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Ok.

The first crack that WE ALL have will be on-line play starting in late March. The meat of UBT will be this summer.

Have a look see around the internet.

Sidekick

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  2. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Let's get some UBT love going here...

I think the UBT Team need to post a link to the UBT Season 1 sizzle tape.

Sidekick:eek:

3. Someone must be well connected.

UBT Discussion

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok.

The first crack that WE ALL have will be on-line play starting in late March. The meat of UBT will be this summer.

Have a look see around the internet.

Sidekick

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by Sidekick : February 22nd, 2006 at 03:16 PM.

Sidekick
    View Public Profile
    Send a private message to Sidekick
    Find all posts by Sidekick
    Add Sidekick to Your Buddy List

#2 February 23rd, 2006, 08:05 PM
    Sidekick
    Member Join Date: Feb 2005

Let's get some UBT love going here...

I think the UBT Team need to post a link to the UBT Season 1 sizzle tape.

Sidekick

Hey Sidekick,

You seem to know more about this schedule and information than anyone I know as you are posting about it. I would love it if you could keep me posted via the Private Message Board.

Just a guess on my part but I'd say that there might be some legal hurdles and ramifications that might need to be cleared in order to impliment your idea.

4. noman

noman Top Member

UBT-ON-Line

SOooooooooo. What's the latest? What site? When? Where? How? We all know why.

5. Yes Sidekick!

Please do tell! :)

6. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

UBT Unofficial VP of Marketing Speaks

As of today, the UBT is right on schedule for a on-line delivery mid-March pending beta testing. Remember, it is beta testing so any bugs that are deemed High Priority might in fact delay the release. With that said, for the first 30 days, the UBT Team with be providing "free rolls" where everyday you have the chance to win $10,000 for FREE!

In the mean time, I would focus on playing over at Global-Player.com but instead of viewing the game as 15 rounds, I would "pretend" to play the game as a 6, 14 and 15 round game where on hand 6, 12 and 14, try not to have the lowest chip count! Why do this? Elimination practice. :flame:

My thoughts for Monday!

Sidekick

7. LOL Unofficial it MUST be!.........

.....as that is not what I heard (know?) ;)

8. noman

noman Top Member

UBT-On-line

Well, pray tell, BP. Or are you going to hold back and advantage play.
    For I must say, 30 days of freeroll $10,000. Hrumph, Hrumph, hrumph.

To blather on, I could see 30 days of freeroll qualifying, or some sort of freeroll qualifying, but from what little, I know, I think "these guys" already sunk quite a bit into developing this. Another $300,000 to prime the pump, when everybody is chomping at the bit, I'd doubt it, cause "these guys" didn't get to the point of where there at by prattling on, after they've already made the sale.

9. noman

noman Top Member

Practice for UBT

Shiite, Sunni and Kurd:

Kudos and props for Sidekick, to contribute. Share. I think all learn something from every post. But, I disagree with using Global for the UBT format.

In tourney world, there were, are a variety of different formats. To play the best in one format, one must play and understand that format. Many skills are transferable, but, since, UBT also has secret bet, trying to use Global don't fit.

Global is great for what it is, but as NORM bemoaned, with chip totals displayed, it could hurt, or make u lazy for live action. So as TX has suggested, stage u're own simulations for UBT. Noodle it. The left hand bet, the right hand bet, the BR low, on and on, for that elimination round.

UBT is a great new concept and other than the developers, I'd believe, very few experienced tourney players, who haven't had the experience of playing this style will be in for a big reality check, if they haven't accounted for the style of play.

Use global to refine, u're skills, but ya better think outside the box for UBT.

10. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Use at will

I'm using a variety of tools to prep for UBT including Global-Player.com

The Freerolls are going to be sweet for all of us!!!

Sidekick:laugh:

11. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I was looking for a schedule of dates for the UBT online satellites to start up, but this was all I could fine: