UBT Documentary

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by bjprincess, Feb 11, 2013.

1. bjprincess

bjprincess New Member

I just received a bizarre email from a Scott Bell from DoubleHead Pictures seeking information for a documentary film he is allegedly making regarding the Russ Hamilton/UBT/Bet21 fiasco. He had prepostrerous information about purported monetary transactions to which my name was associated. Apparently my name was used by someone else, because I certainly never bet the kind of money the "records" supposedly reflected.
    HAS ANYONE ELSE BEEN CONTACTED BY THIS GUY LOOKING FOR INFORMATION FOR THIS DOCUMENTARY? DOES ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS?
    This Scott Bell is way off base and probably needs to be straightened out before he gets sued for defamation and slander.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2013
  2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Sounds really fishy to me. Why would anyone want to do a documentary on an organization which was merely a blip on the radar of the grand scheme of life? Run, Forrest, RUN.

3. TheLegend

TheLegend Member

4. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I bought and watched it. I found it about as interesting as reading a mutual fund prospectus. :eek: And the topic interests me, so I can't imagine any normal soul sitting through the whole thing!

This scandal deserves a good documentary, but this isn't it.

The interview was more interesting than the film, but I think Bell's comments about Joe Pane are irresponsibly reaching.

That spot in the film seemed like filler (there was a lot of filler!), and I was surprised to hear Bell defending it in the interview. I'm looking forward to Joe's rebuttal in an upcoming week on the Gambling with an Edge show.

GWAE is highly recommended by the way. Excellent weekly show/podcast.

6. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

My level of interest is a bit less, so I was never going to pay to see it. If at some point it appears for free, I might try and struggle through it.

Should be entertaining.:)

Yeah, I regularly listen to the podcasts. Any chance you might appear as their guest one day?

7. KenSmith

I was invited a year or more ago and I didn't have anything at the time that I really wanted to discuss.
    With the relaunch here as well as other new developments, I plan to contact them to get back on the slate soon.
    In fact that was on my list yesterday and I never got around to it.

8. toonces

toonces Member

I thought the documentary was pretty good. It was certainly dense, and I had to do some liberal rewinding to take it all in. I think of it more as the official Wikipedia entry of the scandal than a documentary designed to be entertaining. The amazing part is that just about all of the information was essentially crowdsourced from pro poker players, but amateur detectives on the two plus two forums

9. KenSmith

10. bjmace

bjmace Member

Hi everyone was talking about blackjack today and realized I had not been on here for a few years!
    So hope your all well and winning x