UBT - Event #3

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by fgk42, Apr 6, 2007.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

So how many people are attending the Inaugral US soil UBT Event?

Anyone have an idea of the number attending yet?

25 people x 2,500 = 50,000 for two final tables = 25,000 prize. (WRONG DUH)

25 people x 2,500 = 62,500 = 31,250 prize pool - I stand corrected. I had originally had 20*2,500 but I figured that they'd get at LEAST 25 :joker:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  2. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

25 x 2500 = 62,500

Nice math :joker:

3. Joep

Joep Active Member

Ace don't tap on the "FISH TANK"

Joep

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

Fred are you in the mood for a friendly bet on the number of players that will be attending the UBT Tour stop at the Palms? You seem to like that 25 player number :laugh:

I might even let you double it and still make the bet with you.

Joep

5. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

My bad - on the 25

Heck I just want to find a place to pre-register so that don't cancel like happened at the IP. :eek:

Alas there is no where to register and no idea how big the prize pool, the number of entries, etc....

So many questions....

So few answers.....

6. Joep

Joep Active Member

So Fred will we be seeing you at the Palms among the players of over 100 creating a prize pool of at least 250,000 ?

BTW not a bad projection considering there is another big tournament at the same time that players had to chose from.

Joep

Last edited: Apr 6, 2007
  7. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Interesting

Joe I could swear you projected 400 players per event a few months back???

If you have 100 players and two final tables does that mean the 1st place pay is about 60K for a 2700$ buy in:confused: and your rate of expectation is 2% (1/50)?

8. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Nope Barney lets do it again

100 players = 250,000 prize pool divided by two final tables = 125,000

With 7 players at the final table (don't forget the freeroll winners ;) ) If the winner of the table gets 50% of the prize pool it's 62,500 for winners

Now the odds of getting there are 2/102 = 1.96%

Geez :cool:

9. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Actually, the math looks a little different with the freeroll winners.
    With two final tables and 100 players, an average player has this chance of winning...

12/100 X 1/7 = 12/700 = 1.71%
    (That's 12 people advancing to final tables from 100 paid entrants, and each finalist has a 1 in 7 chance of winning the final table.)

A 100 player event with 2 freeroll finalists is equivalent to a 116.7 player event with no freerollers.

10. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Is there a free roller at each final table?

Or just the one???

11. KenSmith

Aruba had two final tables and two freerollers. I expect the same at the Palms.

12. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Wow, thanks for correcting my math Ken - I'm losing it

I was happy with a 1.96% but with a 1.71% of making it to the final table :yikes:

Rando there will be ONE freeroll winner at EACH of the two final tables.

So Joep what is the EV for this tourney please?

13. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

RE the freerolls: it would be most important to know if all players would be invited. Or is it only a selected few?

14. Joep

Joep Active Member

Barney why is it that you always seem to have a problem with math.There will be 12 spots out of 100 that have a positive rate of expectation which is equal to 12% and not 2%. You are only off by about 84% :joker:

You should keep to the $1 tournaments until your math improves

Joep

15. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Joe

I said specifically for 1st place, dont twist my words as you seem to always do. (altho those are nice odds you presented for final tables) Now, instead of doing the twist give us a true idea of the pay scales for your 100 player game at 2700$ buy in and two final tables. Also, will every player get a free roll? Like Barney!? No forget about me until you lower the buy in to 1$!;)

16. KenSmith

Barney, what freeroll are you talking about? We're talking about the PlayUBT.com winners who go straight to a final table at the Palms.

Also, why are you asking about the payout at this tournament? It's based on the number of entries. Nobody can tell you what this event will pay until it's over. Then I'm sure you'll be able to get whatever information you want.

17. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Sorry

I saw you, Ken, said two freerollers and assumed there would be two free roll tables at the Palms. See its the two from the net who won their way to vegas. IM just curious on the payouts, if its 2700$ to buy in and the prize pool is cut in two that suggests about a $65K first place if there are 100 players. Barona is about $50K for 250$?:confused:

18. KenSmith

Yes, but at Barona less than 2% of the field will make the final table.
    At the Palms, assuming a 100 player field, 12% of the field will make the final table. So a player is 6 times more likely to cash at the Palms.

If one of these events had a much higher tournament rake, or some other issue, then I can see these comparisons having value. Without that, your Palms bashing looks to me like some sort of perverse agenda. I don't get it.

Using your same argument, perhaps you should stick to the state lottery. After all, a $1 ticket can win you millions.

19. Joep

Joep Active Member

Another Math Lesson

Barona may have close to 300 players like they did for the last UBT Circuit event,maybe not since it not over the weekend like the last one in January.

But based upon their last event numbers you will have a 1/300 chance to win the event.Others may have a smaller number to crack based upon skill.

The Palms if based upon 100 players with 2 final tables you will have 1/50 chance to win the event for approx. 62,500 which is 12,500 more than the Barona event.

Last time I checked 1/50 is about 6 times more appealing than 1/300

Unless of course you are bad with math :joker:

Joep

20. Joep

Joep Active Member

Lottery/Mini Tournaments

Speaking about buying a $1 lottery ticket to win millions.I heard that the players in Laughlin that buy lottery tickets on a daily schedule are known to be the best lottery tickets buyers that anyone has ever encountered.:laugh:

Joep