UBT Format

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Joep, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Joep

Joep Active Member

The UBT tournament format where they are creating two final tables out of one event is something that does not seem to have rung a bell here with all the players.

Never before has something like this been done before and nobody has said one word about it.

This is so profitable for the players because now once you make it to the semi finals you have a golden opportunity to make it to a televised final table on CBS.

6 tables of at the most 7 players =42 and 12 of the 42 will make the finals thats a whopping 28.5%

With the possibility's of wearing someone logo on the final table that you will be handsomely paid for. This is great news for all of us, but everyone is quiet

Talk about an 8% fee and then people snap to attention

Keep you eye on the ball before you lose it

2-4 TV Tournaments is one week

5-8 TV Tournaments in 2 months

Players paid to wear logo's on all Final Tables

That is just the first 2 stops on the UBT Tour

The Tour Bus is about to leave do you have you seat on it ?

Joep

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  2. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

People will come, Ray.

I think all the trepidation you see from people is more because the info has been slow to get out. While all the info for the poker event is and had been out there, the only UBT info is really through posts here or on your radio show...nothing from PlayUBT.com or UltimateBet.com.

I think once people start to see things laid out in balck and white officially, you'll see them come around and even more so when they finally get the opportunity to win their seat online.

I'm sure more will come around soon.

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

2 final tables

Ok Joep,

I'll admit my ignorance here - two (2) final tables? I don't get it - seriously.

Who is the winner? The one with the most money at table 1 vs. table 2?

With two final tables do they every play each other in a FINAL table!

I haven't been around enough to understand so fill me in. Global and BJ21 don't have two (2) final tables. Help me out here

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

Its Raining Money

No 2 Final tables and two completely different shows to air on CBS. Every 2,500 UBT Tournament will produce 2 shows for CBS. So you have just doubled your chances to make a final table .You may even pick up a corporate sponsor on the way to TV land . Rumor has it that sponsors will pay the players 25,000 to wear their logo's.

Joep

5. bahoozle

bahoozle Member

I have to agree with Ace. I'm, personally, EXTREMELY excited to see this! But I'll keep my emotions in check until I see it in writing. Same for the $25G.

Holy Crap! $25,000 just to wear a stinkin' shirt and there are TWO final tables?!? AEEEIEEEE!!!:eek:

Oops. My emotions must've slipped...

6. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

So will there be two (2) 1st place winners?
    two (2) second place and so on?

The TV part is cool if you haven't been on TV before - does COPS count? :eek:

7. Joep

Joep Active Member

Two Different Shows

Yes you are correct. One tournament will produce 2 separate and distinct final tables.Both to be aired on CBS TV on different dates :)

Joep

8. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

YAHOO! Double your pleasure. Double your fun! Just to be sure there will be two (2) first places, two (2) second places and so forth?????

That is Too good to be true!:D

9. Joep

Joep Active Member

Is It Clear Now ?

You are to funny !!

How many ways to I have to break it down for you

2 Final tables
    2 Different TV Shows
    2 Separate Prize Pools

One Final table has nothing to do with the other table other than they came out of the same tournament.

I hope it is CLEAR now :rolleyes:

Joep

10. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

To make it even clearer.

My understanding is that the way the show is being taped is that these 'final tables' are prelim tables as far as the TV show is concerned and as the season ends the winners of those tables will play at the real final table for the big money.

Correct me if I'm wrong, Joe, but that's how I get it.

That may have been where the confusion was for some as far as not seeing the bigger picture of this whole thing.

11. Joep

Joep Active Member

Is It Clear Now ?

I thought this was pretty clear but it seems like it my attempt to bring as much info about the UBT to this board it remains unclear.

I apologize for any misunderstanding

Every Stop on the UBT Tour will be a show on CBS
    So when two final tables are created in Aruba this will result in 2 different shows on CBS .

These 2 final tables will NOT be just a preliminary round this will be a show.This is somewhat similar to the World Poker Tour

Each venue is a weekly show

Whewwwwwww :rolleyes:

p.s. There will be and end of year tournament for all the winners

Joep

12. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Crystal Clear!

Yahooooooo. I'm packing my bags and making my reservations now. Just gotta find the right make-up for the cameras :joker:

13. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Playing questions

Ok, now that I've got my plane tickets and hotel room done let's see if there's any more information about this.

I read on UB where there will be a poker freeroll on Monday night with the top 100 getting a free ticket into the UBJT. Ok, That's 100 people just there.

Any idea how many people they are expecting in this inagueral UBT?

How about the actual play in the tourney itself. I know there are elimination rounds and secret bets but does anyone have any more specific information about this?

How many hands per round?

When is the elimination hands and how many per round

Secret bet? Come on tell ME the secret how it's used, etc.

Finally will they close the event at any time? Meaning this, when should I pay my entry fee? Since there are satellites taking place right up until the day before, along with daily tourney's in Aruba can I wait until 3 hours before Tuesday's preliminary and then plunk down my 2500, assuming I don't qualify before then?

Since I'm asking all these questions how about this one. The 100 poker players getting a pass into the UBT from the Aruba freeroll - will UB be putting up the 250,000 into the prize pool for them? We already discussed the UBT Team to death - this is an all together different animal.

I want to know the answers to these questions - So when you want to know who ya gonna call..............?

14. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Here are a few answers:

UBT format rounds are 30 hands, but often are done before you get that far.
    The lowest bankroll player is eliminated after hand 8, hand 16, and hand 25.

If one or more players have busted out prior to an elimination hand, that doesn't change anything. Another player is eliminated on the elimination hand.

Betting limits are probably this:
    From round one up to the semifinals, you'll get $25,000 in chips, with betting limits of $500 to $25000 per hand.
    In the final round, you'll get $100,000 in chips, with bets from $1000 to $100K.

Six decks (?), H17, DAS, Resplit Aces (I think), Late Surrender.

You can use your secret bet once per round. With it, you can conceal your bet amount, and you can also conceal your play to some extent on that hand. For example, you could secretly choose between stand or surrender. Hitting is obvious to your opponents, as is doubling or splitting.

You can insure or double for a secret amount as well.

You can use the secret bet card at any time during a hand, and you gain secrecy for the remainder of that hand. (In other words, if you bet in the open, but decide you'd like to insure for a secret amount, you can do that. If the dealer doesn't have blackjack, you could subsequently double for a secret amount, or secretly surrender, or whatever.)

None of this is from an official source, but these are the latest UBT rules I've seen.

15. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Thanks for the low-down Ken.

How many people do they usually have at a table?

The reason I ask is this - suppose two (2) advance and it's hand 25 and there are only two players left. Is there still an elimination?

With three elimination hands it definately changes the table dynamics.

The secret bet - this takes some getting used to here. How many times can it be used in the round?

Do they have anything like the Burger King chip?

16. Joep

Joep Active Member

Fgk 42

Kens answers were right on the money the only think that was incorrect was no re-splitting of Aces, one card on each.To answer your other question if only 2 players remain on any hand the round is over as the two remaining players will be the ones to advance.The only time a round will go further is during a Final table when its played down to the eventually winner or where a round only advances one player.For the most part all rounds in UBT format advance 2 players.

Joep

17. KenSmith

Each player gets one secret bet card per round. Use it, and it's gone.

18. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Ken,

Thanks for the answers to the playing format.

Have similar is the UBT format to the WSOB on GSN?

Have you played on the beta site for UBT?

It seems with the early elimination hands it definately changes your style of playing - fair assumption?

Any idea of how many people start a table? 6?

19. KenSmith

GSN's "Knock Out" cards had some uncertainty as to when they would appear in the game (though I put a lot of effort into predicting that, and actually did pretty well on the Green Room sidebets to that effect!) Also, if someone dropped out early, the Knock-Out was cancelled. Those two things really made the game feel different than UBT.

The pressure in UBT is unparalleled in any other tournament format. Let's say you are currently LB2 (Low Bankroll 2), and LB1 goes all-in. Well, you're now effectively LB1 regardless of whether your opponent wins or loses the hand. If he wins, he's probably the leader now and you're in last place. If he loses, he's gone and you're still in last place.

I can neither confirm nor deny the existence of a beta test or my participation in a beta test. ;)

Oh yeah baby. Oh yeah.

You can expect most tables to have either 6 or 7 players. The final table is always expected to have 7 players. When possible, they are planning to have 2 players advancing from each table.

20. AKdogmusher

AKdogmusher New Member

2 Final Tables?

So the total prize money will be split between the the two tables?