UBT Freeroll Follies

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by LeftNut, Mar 21, 2007.

1. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Deb sent an email to UBT's customer service, inquiring as to why she kept getting the same table seat in those silly TEC games. It had happened repeatedly, when it reach a dozen consecutive times, she asked why. This is what she got back - and if anyone can figure THIS out, I'll buy you a drink at the Palms next month!!! :laugh:

Thanks for contacting us!

The system for convenience and for you to be able to see your hand properly, will go ahead and put you at the center bottom seat always, but the players will be able to see you around the table. So, if you click on seat 4 that is where you will be seen by all the players and that is where you are seated, but you will see yourself in the screen at the same spot every time.

Please do not hesitate to contact us back if you require further assistance or additional information.

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Global-Player style...LOL

That is the way Global-Player had their game set-up. It isn't that Deb gets the same seat everytime, it just show her in the same seat everytime. She maybe actually be in seat seven, however on her screen see will be in the center postion everytime, it is to help players from misreading the screen.

It may have never happened to you before, but several players were so use to Global-Player that when these games started up they they were mis-playing they hands because they were so use to always being in the center position.

3. mrbill

mrbill New Member

I've noticed the same thing with the UBT software. I've been in the 4th seat now every time I've played the last 2 weeks. The way it plays it's not just showing the same seat no matter where you are, it's always the same seat. The button always starts at seat 1 and I always play 4th on the first hand.

4. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Guess I just don't get it

Seems to me that if you're actually in one seat, but the screen shows you in another seat - wouldn't that screw up the button rotation, among other things?
    I had told her to QwitcherBitchin' because her constant seat was #6 - not a bad position in a 7-seta EBJ format game.

5. Joep

Joep Active Member

If I were to receive seat 6 every tournament I would make sure the seat selector was on my Christmas card list :laugh:

Joep

6. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Poker sits you in the center every time....a one card showdown game helps to select the button position.

As for BJ...they cant be doing that. Its totally unfair! I have wondered about seat selection recently after getting a continued run of seat 8 positions.

I just dont have the ambition for writing and then trying to decipher and deal with CS on one more issue.

Seating SHOULD be as random as the deal in a fair game. Its another issue that I personally would like addressed by the designers and operators....

First take away the fear that there is a easy, medium, and hard dealer mode...

Second remove doubt about the seating assignments and assure that they are randomly selected.

Getting seat 8 every game puts one at a severe and unfair disadvantage.

7. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

Not as severe and unfair as getting seat 1. I didn't give any thought to the fact that the last three tables I've been at, I was assigned seat 1. I figured it's just the law of averages. But after reading these last few posts...hmmm. I'll go play a $1 SNG and see what happens. I can actually use the extra $3.80 today.:)

8. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

seat assignment

Okay...I got seat 4 in the $1 SNG. Whew. Now I've gotta win this thing! :)

9. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

$1 profit

Thanks to all these posts about assigned seat positions, I actuallly made a dollar. This was the first $1 SNG I've played in about six months. And I was the floppy, betting $12,500 on the first hand. Although, a true floppy would have doubled my A9 against the dealer 6. :)

So 2nd place and a $1 profit for 15 minutes of playing time. Not bad. Just under minimum wage.

10. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

With 7 players ...seat 1 is the 8th position.
    6 players make button position (8th hand) seat 2 etc....

I played 25 plus Sit and Goes and MTT's yesterday....I was on the button >90%..........wonder what the odds of that are?

CS has no clue about the EBJ ....they are still giving poker answers to the BJ questions.

Also they instituted the dumbest change of all.........automatically seating for the next round! Not a bad idea but poorly designed as this makes it difficult and confusing to close the ending round with the flurry of pop ups and over layered screens.

This causes the new table to get closed often if you dont stay on top of the changeover.

How hard can it be to automatically close the ended table ...???

Seating at the next round is ok.....but auto close the finished table.........simple!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2007
  11. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

give it a minute

Rando, I completely agree, but they have made another change. if you wait just a few seconds after the end of your previous round, the software will close the window for you.

This whole thing about instantly moving to the next table annoys the hell outta me anyway. I like to congratulate the other winning player(s) in the chat window, but you get booted to your next table so fast that there's no chance. :sad:

12. Stubbs

Stubbs New Member

Ok... I just got done playing 8 sit n go's on UBT. Each time I played I was seated in seat 4. I'm lost... if I get seat 4 everytime whos the sorry sap pullin seat 1 everytime. I could totally understand if the button started in different postions throughout the table, but it allways starts in seat 1. It makes no sence. I chated with a few of the players and one was claiming to start in 6 everytime and the other in seat 5....interesting.

13. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Seat Repeat Didn't Happen To Me

I played in two TEC freerolls last night (no luck) and was seated in two different seats.

Maybe some players are having a software issue regarding seating assignments?

14. Sooeygun

Sooeygun New Member

I noticed that in the TEC games I am usually in seat 1 or seat 4. In the Chip games Seat 1 isn't the disadvantage it is in money games. You can pretty much guarantee that enough people will be gone by the 8th (or even by the 2nd :laugh: )so you're not on the button.

15. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

The King of Seat 2

Well, that's what I feel like, since I've been getting seat 2 in every TEC game. Then I tried a qualifier (don't need another Main Event seat, just killin' time) and got seat 2. Again. Imagine that.

I still don't understand how that's not a disadvantage. If the button were started randomly like in most poker games, it wouldn't matter. Getting that seat all the time does a remarkably consistent job of giving the first betting position on hand 8, since one bomber is usually gone by then. :mad: