UBT/ New York Times

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Joep2, Apr 16, 2006.

1. Joep2

Joep2 Banned User

Here is a small part of an article that appeared in the business section of the NY Times Sunday April 16 2006 . It briefly talks about the upcoming UBT season. Blackjack tournaments in the NY Times haven't we come a long way .The full article can be read on the NY Times web page . Like many of us have said before this year will be the start of " BIG " things for blackjack tournaments . Enjoy the article .

There is also a very nice picture in the article of Russ and Anthony at a blackjack table at the Palms from Thursday nights sneak preview .

OTHERS also say that blackjack may be ready for prime time. Russ Hamilton, a professional poker player in Las Vegas, received the backing of Los Angeles investors to produce a new show called the "Ultimate Blackjack Tour." Mr. Hamilton says he has introduced some innovative tweaks, like a secret-betting button, that are designed to speed up wagering and make blackjack just as telegenic as poker. Mr. Hamilton and a Las Vegas consultant, Anthony Curtis, say they have shot 10 episodes of the show and are negotiating with networks to broadcast them.

"There are more blackjack players than poker players, and blackjack is far easier than poker," Mr. Curtis said. "I believe it's the next big thing. Poker is big, but it's got to hit a wall."

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

3. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

My two cents

The article is pretty much on the money. You gotta love the KOV comments!:joker: :joker: :joker:

4. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

KoV

even i had to laugh at that one! lol

-hd.

5. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

What would have made it even more classic is if it would have had some comments I just read from Steve 'Chainsaw' Dempsy defending KOV and Root and slamming WSOP. He actually insinuates that WSOP is boring TV compared to KOV.

Back to the original topic though, the NY Times article is huge and the UBT site video teasers make it look like it's done in a way that a network will jump on it quickly.

I guess we'll see.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2006
  6. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

New style?

Ha! A sense of humor. It looks good on you H.D.:joker: :joker: :joker: