UBT prize money?

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by newbie, Feb 17, 2007.

1. newbie

newbie New Member

I can't find what the prize money is for the Ultimate blackjack tour on their website or anywhere. What do we win if we advance to Europe? Do all six players win or only first place? Is there a website that explains this?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2007
  2. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

UBT Freerolls

If you make the final table in a UBT qualifier tournament - which is a freeroll (no entry fee) - then you get an entry into their "Main EVent" tournament - for the current Main Event (Paris) - the winner of the Main Event gets a free trip to Paris and a seat at the UBT Tournament's final table there - which guarantees you will be at the final table and win money -

3. newbie

newbie New Member

I understand this, but what is the money that is available to win?
    What is the prize money?

4. newbie

newbie New Member

ok, if you guys don't want to post it in the forum here, then email me the info. Get my email info from my profile on this group. :)

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

The prize money depends on how many entries there are. The entry fee is $2500+$200, so if there are 100 players, that's a quarter million prize pool, with somewhere between 40% and 50% going to first place IIRC.

The recent event in St Kitts paid $70K or so for first place. The information is likely available at http://www.playubt.com

Edited: OK, I see you already checked there newbie. Look around here for reports on the events under the UBT forum. Surely we posted prize money somewhere around here. :)

6. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

May Event

Does anyone know the location in Europe?

Or the Dates in Europe?

7. newbie

newbie New Member

I thought the UBT was free and they even give free rolls for us to try and win our way into the tournament. The website says they will even pay for our airfare, food and hotel room to Europe if we win. Says nothing about a 2,500 entry free on their website. Did I miss something?

8. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Yes you missed something.

The WINNER of the freeroll gets a seat at the final table - meaning they will be in the money

The tourney is OPEN to all players. cost is 2,500 + 200.

The prize pool will be based upon the number of players paying the 2700 to play in the tournament.

9. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

freeroll

no entry fee for freeroll winner - no competition to get to the final table - you are there automatically - so will win at least a few thousand - even if finish last at the final table - and a free trip to Paris thrown in - that's why we subject ourselves to the horror of freeroll play - you have to get through a qualifiyinmg freeroll against hundreds of players - then win a main event against more than 1,000 players - all of them playing/betting randomly/irrationally - and it goes on for hours - and don't even talk about the TEC games you have to play to get the TECs to enter and reenter the first freeroll - but Paris - final table - money - we do it - hope never dies -

10. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

First of all, it is quite correct that the UBT freeroll winner gets free airfare, hotel, and ground transportation paid by UBT. Meals are not included, although there's quite an ample supply of catered buffet-style chow during the very long day of taping. "Ground transportation" in L.A. did not mean a taxi, either - it was a car service with driver, very nice Lincolns. I tipped the driver for the trips to and from the hotel/airport. The freeroll winner does not pay the tournament entry fee, and is guaranteed a TV final table seat against the 6 players who DID pay the fee and earned their way to that table.

Prize money may vary, as previously mentioned. Being only knowledgeable about my own event, the first one booted from that table got $3,000, and the winner got $40,000 and a free $10,000 seat in the big season-ending tournament with a reported first prize of $1,000,000. Note that this free seat is not at the final table, it just gets you at the starting gate with the rest of the field.