UBT season 2

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by AZdrew, Oct 12, 2006.

1. AZdrew

AZdrew New Member

I'm sure we all got the email regarding UBT season 2. Is it going to be the same as season 1,as far as us non-pros("internet qualifiers")are concerned? In other words,our chances to make the show are nearly impossible as it is now,will that change at all? I'm guessing it wont,but I'll still keep trying.
    I was looking at the season 1 schedule posted on this site,and noticed that some of the 'pros' are on the show twice,and one(Erica S.)is on three times. No offense to any of them...fine players all,and I'm sure good people as well. My point is that 99%+ of us have a snowball's chance in Haides of making it, but I'll still keep trying.
    I have posted similar comments about WSOBJ,but at least there we have SOME kind of chance. We may have to travel to get that chance,but at least it's available. It seems that either way,the non-pro's chances are pretty limited. But I'll still keep trying.
    I'm sure that some will say "quitcherbitchin,step up your game",etc. Go right ahead,I say. I know I'm a decent player,and I'm getting better all the time. In just three months of playing TBJ,I've won 2 minis out of five final tables(9 total live tourneys)and 2 wins in 6 or 7 final tables online. I also realize that I'm likely far away from being 'pro' or 'world-class'. How will I ever get there,though-or even close-if I'm not allowed to take my shots against(and likely many lumps from)the best players the game has to offer? Almost all the big money tourneys are invite only,leaving us non-pros on the outside looking in.
    These "made for TV" events are just that in my eyes...made for TV. But in the absence of a legitimate OPEN big bucks tournament,what else do we have? Yes,I will still keep trying.

(My apologies for being rant-y,but I cant be the only one that feels this way,can I?)

2. Joep

Joep Active Member

Season 2

UBT Season 2 is open to everyone

For as little as $ 5 you can play a tournament at www.Bet21.com that will earn you a seat into the nightly event that if you were to win it.It's worth 6,000 .It includes entry fee into the main event. (2700) It also includes 1,000 toward airfare and 8 nights accommodation's plus 500 in spending money .

You can also win a seat directly on to any of the Season 2 Final Tables at www.playubt.com for free.

So as you can see anyone with any size bankroll can compete and win on the UBT Season 2 Tour

The players that are going to appear on multiple UBT TV shows actually won their seats into the finals this was not a TV show that you were directly invited to play on TV . You had to win 2 tables at Lake Las Vegas before the show were filmed last October

Come and play and enjoy elimination style blackjack while beating the best players in the world while you do it

Joep

3. AZdrew

AZdrew New Member

thanks,joep

Thanks for your feedback,joep. Unfortunately,amid the hysteria last week I pulled my money out of bet21. With the Feds less than 24 hours away from banning the funding of these transactions,I dont see myself playing for money online anytime soon,either. Thank you for the invitation,though-much appreciated.
    I would absolutely be more than happy to take my shots/lumps in a live open tourney with better competition,better purse,and of course higher entry fees. There just dont seem to be that many around.
    If I'm not mistaken,the buy-in for WSOP is $1500. Winner got what,12 million plus? I realize that TBJ is not nearly big enough at this point to pay out that kind of cash. But it deserves an event that is at least similar in scope...satellites,truly open qualifying,PPV final table,and last but not least,credibility. Once again,no offense directed at anyone. I'm just a bit flustered with the situation. UBT/Bet21 have thousands fighting for a few crumbs. Truth be told,I could give a rip about being on TV. I have a body built for radio,LOL. But since that is what it takes,I'm trying like hell!

4. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Cost of WSOP

The buy-in for the main event (the one with the $12 million prize), no limit Texas Hold'em was, and has been, $10,000. Most got in cheaper via satellites.

5. AZdrew

AZdrew New Member

i am mistaken

thank you for clearing it up for me