UBT Season One Overall Champion Revealed!

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by KenSmith, Apr 26, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Thanks to Anthony Curtis for pointing this out, in Today's News at Las Vegas Advisor.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    April 27 -- Big Scoop
    The just-published May/June Cigar Aficionado contains a feature story on the Champion's tournament in season one of the Ultimate Blackjack Tour. The series hasn't even aired yet, but the champion is disclosed. Drumroll: It was LVA's own David Matthews, who defeated a field of 163 of the best tournament players in the world. Of interest is the fact that this tournament was treated like a major poker championship (WSOP or WPT), rather than a game show, in that the UBT allowed the winner's identity to be disclosed.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congrats David Matthews!

2. david matthews

david matthews New Member

Thanks Ken! It was great competing with you at the tables as well.

I'd rather be lucky than good... but hopefully, I had a bit of both going on.

Very exciting, and I hope the UBT is a big success. I really think it will be. The shows look really exciting.

3. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Congrats, champ!

Great to finally be able to publicly congratulate you on your undeniable victory at the UBT last fall -- you're one hell of a competitor & most definately on my short list of players i'd rather not see to my left on a tournament table! ;)

Rock on, DM --

-holly deezy.

4. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Congrats!

Congrats!

when is your book coming out (ha).

Sidekick

5. Congrats!

All hail the King!

Great job in LA David. I've always admired your class and know you will be a worthy champ and great ambassador for Blackjack.

6. david matthews

Thanks Kevin, Sidekick, HD. Means a lot from you guys.

7. blackjackmusician

blackjackmusician New Member

congrats

Great Job David !!! i enjoyed the exp. of playing with you & learned from you & alot of you others....GOOD JOB , bringing it home to VEGAS !!!" ROCKNROLLDARRELL"

8. Job Well Done

No real need for a public acknowledgement my most dear, loyal and trusted friend. However, perhaps my mere inclusion in this post in indeed acknowledgement of same. As my offer of congratulations, we will soon drink a beer that I will be honored to purchase for you!

:) ;) :1st: :cheers:

9. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Nice Article

Just got my copy of the
    Then check out the May/June issue of Cigar Aficionado featuring UBT Season One.

Nice article. Now I can visualize who I need to beat (Dave) along with the rest of the Pro Crew (non-West Coast Grinders and Grinders included).

Sidekick

Last edited: May 1, 2006
  10. acemachine

acemachine New Member

congrats Dave, now the news is out.
    Do you think you can beat Ms. Jade again ???

11. Joep

Joep Active Member

Are you serious

I dont know if anyone can beat Ms Jade TWICE

Joep

12. david matthews

Funny!

She does pack some incredible blackjack power in that small frame of hers. No one messes with Ms. Jade.

I got lucky. :D