UBT Show # 4

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by KenSmith, Oct 14, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Congrats to Monica Reeves for her victory on Ultimate Blackjack Tour's fourth show!

Pretty good show I thought.
    Hey, doesn't that Klara Lato look familiar?

2. zweeky

zweeky Member

Hi,

I'm new here and I just watched this show for the first time. Great show but I'm puzzled about the way that Steven, the internet qualifier, was eliminated: he had the lowest bankroll on elimination hand, and he matched the bet done by the player with the second lowest bankroll. I just can't believe he does not know it was the worst thing to do. Is it because it's much harder to count chips (than actually seeing numbers) and he did not really know he was the lowest? Or is it just arranged for the show?

Also, did that guy win something, or he had to finish first?

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Steven was one of the Internet qualifiers at a time when the Internet elimination blackjack game did not exist. Details of how these players won their seat are sparse, but I believe they won the seats in a poker tournament at UltimateBet. (The other 6 players won their way onto the final table by defeating a 63 player field in a blackjack tournament held in Lake Las Vegas.)

It is quite possible that what you saw on TV was Steven Suh's first time ever to play a blackjack tournament, though I don't know that.

In addition, he may well have miscounted chips, and misunderstood his position.

Steven did win some cash for his finish. I don't have my notes handy to see the exact prize structure, but first place paid $50,000, second paid $25,000, and all seven received something.

4. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Klara?

I missed the show because of the fact that it aired an hour earlier and I forgot.

I was thinking about Klara when they showed the previews on the last show thinking she looked a lot like Kami...I'm assuming that's who it was?