UBT show that was on at 11.35 last night...

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by ProfGlitch, Nov 26, 2006.

1. ProfGlitch

ProfGlitch New Member

Can someone explain to me the logic behind the last two hands?

24:

Darrell (1st to act, still has secret bet): 163000 roll, bets 12000
    Debo: 150500 roll, bets 40000

Darrell wins, Debo pushes.

25, elimination/final hand:

Debo (1st to act): 150500 roll, bets 100000
    Darrell: 175000 roll, uses secret bet for 100000

Dealer: up 3
    Debo: 16, doubles down for 50000
    Darrell: 14, hits once into a 3, stands at 17
    Dealer: hits up to 20.
    Debo flips up a face card and loses the tournament.

Now, I have a few questions. 40,000 seemed suboptimal to me on 24 and 100,000 certainly seemed suboptimal to me on 25. Moreover, Darrell's hit on 14 (as opposed to doubling) seemed very very wrong to me. Am I missing something?

2. Joep

Joep Active Member

Not to much to talk about

Unlike Reachy question about Kens bet yesterday, that bet had a lot of meaning to it . The last hand yesterday had very little meaning to it other than that Darrel made a huge mistake in not also DD on his hand.

Once Debo DD on his 16 Darrell should follow with a DD and protect the high for free.Because if the dealer were to break and Debo didn't Darrell could not protect the high without a DD he has a free shot of protecting the high and still has the low.

In defense of Darrel he hasn't had much big time tournament experience and it showed in this match especially at the end.He should have used his secret bet on the next to last hand when having to bet first. The secret bet loses a lot of its value when you use it and are going last and you opponent has already bet the max. What are you trying to hide in this spot?

Joep