UBT website now live

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by KenSmith, Apr 15, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

A preview website for UBT is now up and running. You'll find videos, a photo gallery, a summary of the rules and more at http://www.playubt.com

The first TV show was screened in Vegas this week, at a gathering of players and UBT organizers. It looks awesome! No announcement yet on when or where it will air though.

2. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Holy Sh...

Shitake mushrooms!

Sidekick

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Nice!

Very NICE! I agree that from what I have seen that UBT really put a lot of effort in to the production of these shows.

If you have not checked out the site yet, you need too. The production of the videos is 2nd to none. I was very impressed with the entire site.

4. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

UBT Web Site Problems

Although I have a cable connection (Comcast) I cannot access the UBT web site and am curious if others have had a similar problem.

About 50% of my attempts I get a message "our test indicates you have a T1 connection", if I log off and back on I get a message "our test indicates you have sufficient bandwidth". Either way when I click "enter the web site" all I get is a black blank screen with a maroon horizontal bar at the top of my monitor screen.

I know from prior posts others have been successful accessing the site and would appreciate any help if anyone has experienced and solved this problem.

5. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Same here.

I basically am having the same problem with one of my PC's. Both my PC's are on cable but the one with Windows XP cannot access the UBT web site. The older PC runs on an old version of Windows 98 and is working fine with the UBT web site.

6. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Make sure you have a current version of Flash installed.

7. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Try using different browser also

Mozilla

Netscape

But you WILL NEED Flash 8.0 from macromedia.com

8. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Mission Accomplished

Thanks to all that responded to my cry for help. Although the opening page stated "Valid version of Flash installed Version 7.0", Flash version 8 was required for me to open the site. Again many thanks!

9. PhillyPhlash

PhillyPhlash New Member

Ok, . . . so the introductory screen at www.playubt.com used to show up and inform me I had sufficient bandwidth to proceed, . . . and then not allow me to enter the web-site.
    So, thanks to all the advice right here at www.blackjacktournaments.com, I installed Flashmedia 8.0. Now the introductory screen tells me I need to install Flashmedia 7.0, . . . and that's the only item it lets me click on, and Flashmedia tells me it's been correctly installed, and I still cannot get into the UBT web-site.
    Is it me or is it them?
    And if it is them, can these guys really run an online tournament?
    And if it is me, can I really play in an online tournament?

10. david matthews

david matthews New Member

Philly,

There were problems using Flash 7. I talked to the UBT site designers about it. They made some changes and now it's having trouble in Flash 8.

My guess is that sometime today they'll have these issues resolved.

David

11. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Flashmedia 8.0

I would recommend installing Flash 8.0 again, the first time I tried it didn't work. The second time BINGO, for some reason it worked. Incidentally the version I installed is Flash 8.0.24.0 not Flashmedia 8.0. Hope this helps.

12. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Flashmedia 8.0, part 2

Philly,
    Although I was able to enter the UBT website yesterday after the second installation of Flash 8.0.24.0, today I cannot. I receive the same message as you that Flash 7 is required with a link to upgrade, which at this point I'm hesitant to do. I guess we are Beta Testing but unfortunately it's the website not blackjack.

13. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

Site worked fine for me yesterday whem it went live with Firefox and Flash 8 on both the PC and Mac versions, but I've had issues today. I'm assuming they're updating code.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  14. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Contact me for issues with UBT Web Site

All,

Please email me if your having issues with the UBT Site at the following address:

sfgiants022000@yahoo.com

I am not a part of the UBT Web Team but I'm pretty good at troubleshooting these errors.

My Advice-

Use Mozilla Web Browser versus Explorer
    Link: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/

Use Flash 8.0
    Link: http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/download.cgi?P1_Prod_Version=ShockwaveFlash

Reboot your Machine after installs. Again, your feedback about your issues is important and any error messages please state them.

Sidekick

15. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Yes, it appears they have changed the detection part of the site so it is not currently recognizing Flash 8. I passed along the issue via email, so hopefully they'll have it fixed soon.