UFO frenzy ignited by Air Force officer

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by fgk42, Jan 19, 2007.

1. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Others report strange phenomenon, digital expert views possible 'pilot'

Posted: January 19, 2007
    1:00 a.m. Eastern
    By Joe Kovacs
    © 2007 WorldNetDaily.com

A retired Air Force colonel who photographed mysterious, colorful lights hovering over western Arkansas last week has ignited a frenzy of interest in unexplained airborne phenomena, as WND has received numerous reports of similar sightings across the U.S., while a digital expert has filtered the pictures to reveal startling images of what he says could be the "pilot" of the unidentified craft.

"I believe these lights were not of this world, and I feel a duty and responsibility to come forward," said Col. Brian Fields, who spent nearly 32 years in the military piloting F-16 fighter jets. "I have no idea what they were."

As WND exclusively reported, Fields, 61, was at his Van Buren, Ark., home Jan. 9 when just before 7 p.m., he observed two intensely bright lights as he looked to the southeast close to the horizon.

"At first I thought they were landing lights from an aircraft," he said. "As I continued to observe them they began to slowly disappear, then suddenly one reappeared, followed by two, then three. On at least one occasion four or five appeared. Each time they would slowly fade and eventually disappear. This occurred several times and when they would reappear they might do so in differing numbers and in different positions, sometimes in a triangular shape, sometimes stacked on top of each other, sometimes line abreast, etc. When the objects appeared they might stay illuminated 10 or more minutes."

Fields' wife thought the lights may have been ground-based, but Fields says he's certain they were airborne.

"I'm certain it wasn't an aircraft [from Earth]," said Fields, who also ruled out the possibility of flares, saying they didn't descend like flares typically do. "It's not anything I ever had any experience with . ... They were some kind of energy or something."

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53841

2. pergo56

pergo56 Member

UFO frenzy?

It was Swamp Gas.:rolleyes:

DRP

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Barksdale fliers are source of UFO story

Barksdale fliers are source of UFO story
    A-10s' flares fooled people on the ground
    January 26, 2007
    Article's Tools:

Printer-friendly version E-mail this article
    Normal Text Big Text Biggest Text

Lt. Col. James D. “Jimbo” Macaulay, commander of the Air Force Reserve’s 47th Fighter Squadron at Barksdale Air Force Base, stands with one of his unit’s A-10 fighters. (Special to The Times) RELATED LINKS
    47th Fighter Squadron: www.917wg.afrc.af.mil/library/factsheets/factsheet.asp?id=4062
    LUU-2 flare and www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/dumb/luu2.htm
    WorldNet Daily article about the UFO sighting: www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=53936
    "It's not the A-10s that get mistaken for something out of this world, it's the weapons we use."
    Lt. Col. James D. Macaulay, 47th Fighter Squadron commander

On the Web:

• History of the 47th Fighter Squadron
    • 917th Wing, parent unit of the 47th Fighter Squadron
    • Barksdale Air Force Base

Multimedia:

A-10 releasing flares - 2
    A-10 releasing flares - 1

Related news from the Web
    Latest headlines by topic:
    • US News
    • Journalism