Unbelievable

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by Billy C, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Local church has an annual "funfest" to raise supporting money for their parochial school. Each year the grand prize is winners choice of a car or truck of equal value. Last August the truck is won by Ed Porter (an acquaintence).
    Fast forward to last night-----------because of hundreds of smaller prizes they first draw one ticket out of a drum of several thousand and put in an envelope as the grand prize winner. We stand there for an hour plus as they draw winners of smaller prizes.
    I'm sure you've guessed it by now. They open the envelope and the winner is the same Ed Porter.
    Because I witnessed everything and know all people involved are reputable, I'd have to say it was the most "odds defying" thing I've seen!
    Even Ken can't top this.

Billy C

Last edited: Aug 10, 2009
  2. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

3. dreamer

dreamer New Member

Blessed for a Reason....

Guys:

My congrats to both Edward and Ed! These two examples are in fact "odds-defying" in nature, as there have been countless others in the past. While they don't qualify as "miraculous" in the truest sense of the meaning, for those of us who are believers, we understand the possibility of a greater Power at work here. These guys have been blessed for a reason....

Skipper