Urgent!! Reachy, London, Andy, other British Friends - I Need Help!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewalk Cafe' started by RKuczek, Nov 15, 2006.

1. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

First - the big confession - I am a tea freak -

besides drinking single estate teas - such as Margaret's Hope, etc. - which I get from reputable tea importers - such as Upton's and Special Teas - my standard, favorite, everyday, many times a day tea for many years has been Robert Jacksons of Piccadilly - even when they stopped exporting their tea to the USA - there were a few 'outlaw' tea shops and importers which still managed to find a supply of it - but now that the evil Twinings has bought out Jacksons and they have closed down the last Jacksons tea shop - they have stopped making their wonderful tea - :mad: - I guess that is one way for Twinings to get rid of a vastly superior competitor :flame:

I have just looked into my tea cupboard - and it is almost empty of Jacksons tea :eek:

I have tried a few other brands - including Ahmads, Bewleys, Brodies, Taylors, Typhoo, Harrods, and PG Tips - but they all suck -

Twinings sells tea all over the USA of course - but - did you know that they make a 'special' line of teas just for the USA??? - I think they consist of their warehouse floor sweepings - they suck -

So - can any of you recommend a decent brand of tea???? American teas are horrid - which is why Twinings can get away with selling floor sweepings as tea over here - and I don't know all the British brands - of course -

do any of you know any brand of tea/tea merchant which produces teas comparable in quality to Jacksons???

If you can recommend some choices - I can track down a source on the internet - but I would like to avoid having to sample dozens of different teas to find the best - if possible

so - any recommendations??

2. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Sorry I can't be of help

This may come as a shock but, despite being English, I don't really like tea! I do like the idea of 'outlaw' tea shops though; it conjurs up all sorts of images.

Good luck in your quest.

3. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

4. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Should I reveal

that I also played Rugby???? I may be more 'Brit' than you two!!!

Thanks for the suggestions Andy - I'll check them out

5. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

6. Hollywood

Hollywood New Member

Fyi

i am in London until next week, staying on the Southwest side... any of you English crazies who wanna share a pint, PM me!!

-hd.

7. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Love to...

...but can't. Where are staying exactly and what are doing here? Playing any blackjack? Book signings? Damn, I wish I could make it down, too busy this time of year, and beside what would my wife say...?

"Hey Honey, just going to London to meet some crazy blackjack guy who I saw on the TV..... He said he'd buy me a pint..... Yeah that's right, the one who wears make-up and dies his hair funny colours.... Yes he wears leg-warmers on his arms...... No he's not gay....."

Cheers

Reachy

8. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Andy 956

sounds like an interesting job:joker:

but the Queen drinks Twinings:eek:

I couldn't do that:laugh: