Vegas Update

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by KenSmith, Apr 15, 2006.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

After narrowly missing the finals at the IP, I blew out in round one of the Hilton craps tourney. However, today matters improved when I picked up first place at the Boulder Station weekly blackjack tournament for $1700.

I get one more chance at blackjack tomorrow, in a little $25K prize pool invitational at the Venetian. Then I'm headed home on Monday.

2. Powerman

Powerman Member

Congrats and a question

Ken,
    Congrats on your Boulder station win! How many entrants were there and what was the entry fee?

I watched your play at the IP and it was impressive, as usual.

3. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Boulder Station has 144 entries, some of which are rebuys. It's currently the best of the Vegas mini-tournaments, held every Saturday. The entry fee is $25, and first place is $1700.

Thanks for your comments on my play at the IP. That was a really fun event. I almost made the finals. Jamie Root got a blackjack on the next to last hand at my table to break my lead. Still, if I win a double on the last hand I advance to the finals. But it wasn't to be. Great tournament though.

4. Rhoda

Rhoda New Member

Can someone tell me what time the May Flamingo tournament begins? I've persuaded them to let me in, but the person who booked me didn't know the day (14th or 15th) or time the tournament begins.

5. What's on the Flamingo Invitation

Sunday the 14th is arrival day, event registration, and welcome reception.
    Monday the 15th is Tournament Play, Day One.
    Tuesday the 16th is Tournament Play, Day Two.

The implication is that the finals are on the 16th since it says,
    "Award Presentation Immediately Following Final Table," and this is listed
    as being on the 16th with nothing listed for the 17th. Presumably the
    tournament is listed as running from the 14th to the 17th because you get
    a comped room for three nights.

No round times are listed on the invitation.

6. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Flamingo registration times

Rhoda:

Just to be on the safe side, I suggest you call them back to confirm you are booked for the tournament and rooms (nights of 5/14, 5/15. 5/16). Sounds like the person you talked to didn't know what was going on.

kelly_c_ritter's info and assumptions are correct. The one thing I can add is that registration is on 5/14, and in the past, it started at about 4:00pm or 5:00pm and runs to about 9:00pm. You'll get the exact registration times and playing times when you check into the Flamingo on 5/14 (check in time about 3 or 4 pm). GOOD LUCK.