Viejas WINNERS

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Barney Stone, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Leah, aka Leilahay, and Marichal final table at Viejas! What a finish to their trip!:D

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Nicely done...

Congratulations to both of you!

I heard that they normally chop the pot there (around $5,000 each), is that what y'all did? Ten thousand between you is a nice payday for the week.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2007
  3. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

If I may answer for them :). The pot was chopped. It was a little lower pool this time because they gave gifts off drawings, TVs and such I heard. So the two team mates took home under 10 grand. Only 10 grand LOL.

4. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Nice

Very nice!

5. leilahay

leilahay Member

Thank you all. We're sitting in the San Diego airport ready to head home. With two of us in the final, chopping for a combined 1/3 of the pot seemed like a really good idea. Good tournament, decent, well-enforced rules.

6. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Nice job you two!

7. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Positively excellent news! You two deserve it - congratulations!!!!

8. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Congratulations to Both

I just can't believe Giants and Rockies fanatics not fans agreed to chop, Raiders and Bronco fans never would, that would be a fight to the death.

Never the less, my congrats to you both. Each of you has a license to make the final table in any TBJ event. Well done, I'm sure Washington State is proud.

9. rebuybob

rebuybob New Member

When things run right, the pain is BEARABLE!

Well- 'bout damn time, you two. Now that you're back home- let's have a drink over our combined $23,500 in winnings. The NW players are, indeed, proud of you. Welcome home...

10. leilahay

leilahay Member

Rookie--

How dare you imply that Marichal is a Raiders fan--it's the 49er's or nothing. Anyway, had it been either one of us at the final, neither would have chopped. In this case though, the payout was so flat, the only way we could beat 2 shares in a chop was to take 1st and 2nd, certainly not impossible, but you have to get the cards. Practicality decided the matter.

11. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Excellent job. Congratulations

So is it Team Leilahay

Team Marichal

or

Team Leilichal? :joker:

Enjoy it