Wednesday Night Tournament

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Joep, Nov 22, 2006.

?

Which Night & Time do you prefer to hold BJT Night On

Poll closed Jan 21, 2007.
  1. Sunday

17.6%
  2. Monday

11.8%
  3. Tues

17.6%
  4. Wed

64.7%
  5. Thur

11.8%
  6. Fri

11.8%
  7. Sat

11.8%
  8. 6 PM Pacific Time

58.8%
  9. 7 PM Pacific Time

17.6%
  10. 7 :30 PM Pacific Time

5.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Joep

Joep Active Member

You know with the passing of Global Player.com the usual Wednesday afternoon tournament has become a big void not only for lack of play but to chat with each other.

With that being said lets try to organize a weekly Wednesday tournament for BJT members at lets say 6 PM Pacific Time which should be a good time for the players back east also.

We could start at a 14 player multi table .Lets shoot for a $ 20 tournament to start with and once the crowd builds we could move to a 21 player tournament.Once the group gets large the players can pick the level they want to play . The multi table tournament tables are usually wide open so that should not pose a problem for our group.

We could play 2 tournaments tomorrow night and build upon that week to week. I will be there at 6 PM hope to see all of you

I will also post a poll to find out what night the players actually prefer if Wednesday is not good or 6 PM is not a good time also.

We might be able to get Bet 21.com to post monthly results as who the top players for the month are in regards to these BJT Tournaments.

Joep

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I'm lazy

Great idea! I'm definitely up for it. Can't we get a private table? What time is that in English money?

Cheers

Reachy

3. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

I am normally free every Wed. evening, but this particular night I have plans early in the evening. Since I am on Eastern time you won't be starting until 9 here, so there's a chance I can make it. If not, I'll definately be there in coming weeks.

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

Don't forget in one hour from now at 9PM eastern .We are trying to start a Wednesday BJ Tournament night at www.Bet21.com .This could be fun and a way to fill the missing Global-Player Wednesday Tournament void that we all loved to play and chat with each other

The entry fee will be $20+1 14 players Our tournament can be found under Sit & Go Tournaments/ Multi-Table

Prize Structure

1st place $140

2nd Place $ 84

3rd Place $ 56

Joep

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  5. Joep

Joep Active Member

Our First Weekly Winner

Thank you all for showing up and making the first Wednesday night BJT night a success

A small recap the tournament started at 9:10 Eastern a few minutes late and was completed at 10:20

The final 3 players who made the money were

Force 3/Dr Bass on BJT
    Niria/Cherub 44 on BJT
    Real Sourdough

Going into the final 5 hands the bankrolls were huge

Niria had 588,000
    Real Sourdough had 563,500

They started with 100,000

Final hand .....Sourdough betting first bets 100,000
    Niria follows with 100,000

Sourdough gets a max bet Blackjack
    Niria is dealt 8-2 Dealers Up Card 9

Sourdough collects 150,000
    and Niria DD to regain the high back she receives a 7 for 17

Dealer had a 10 in the hole for 19

Congrats to Sourdough for taking home $140 for a $20+1 investment

Niria received $ 84 for 2nd place
    Force 3 took home $ 56 for 3rd

See everyone next Wednesday at www.bet21.com at 9 PM eastern

14 player multi table Sit & Go 20+1 entry fee

Thanks again

Joep

Last edited: Nov 23, 2006
  6. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

I was there

I was registered, but somehow it unregistered me. Odd. Got my money back, but don't know what happened.

7. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

Thanks!

Thanks again for getting this started up Joe, it's a great idea. Those huge bankrolls definately took me out of my comfort zone, I felt like a ploppie. ;)

FYI- I'm a she. :p

8. Joep

Joep Active Member

Sorry that has been corrected

Joep

9. Drbass

Drbass Member

Adding my thanks

Thanks Joep for setting this up. Hopefully, next week more of the players on the site will participate. As you probably remember, my user name on Bet21 is Force 3.

10. Joep

Joep Active Member

Considering I put this together in less than 1 day and it was the day before a holiday when a lot of people are traveling we had a nice turnout and the tournament started only 10 minutes after it was scheduled to start.

I have already received emails asking to have this every night at 9 PM and offer different buy ins ranging from 5+.50 ,10+1 and 20 +2.

So if any one wants to add some input to this suggestion feel free to

Joep

11. rookie789

rookie789 Active Member

Add My Thanks

JoeP,

I thought the game went well for such short notice and hopefully we can get a game 7 evenings a week even if for various entry fees and maybe different entry fees the same evening so players can have their choice as their bankroll permits.

If memory serves me correctly you were also the driving force behind Global's 24/7 Sit & Go tournaments which added hours of fun and a few extra bucks to my life. So let me add, hopefully like your Thanksgiving dinner, a second helping of thanks to your plate today.

Last but not least, Happy Thanksgiving to my many friends in the Blackjack Tournament community and thanks for sharing your lives with me.

12. Joep

Joep Active Member

Lets make it more than just Wednesday

Yes Rookie, Good memory that seems like years ago,;) I was the one that suggested to Global to hold daily Sit& Go tournaments on a daily schedule as opposed to just Wednesday afternoon.At first they did not believe it would work,but many of us from this site including you, who seem to play just about every day there, with many other members from BJT and lets not forget the St Louis Mafia from Global . We all made it the success that it was. The daily global Sit & Go's are no more on Global but the friendships that were made will last a life time. Its a shame because there are some new members here who are trying to create a wedge between these friendships.I'm not real sure what their agendas are.But they will fail and their obvious hired shills will fall also

But with everyones help will can make at least Wednesday night a blast from the past

I'm open to other nights and other levels of buyin's at Bet 21 at the Multi Table Sit & Go's

I have and will continue to play at all levels from $5 to $200 at www.bet21.com

Pick another night and lets see how much participation we get. Every night at 6PM Pacific Time would be good for me except Thursday night, because of the radio show

A Very Happy Thanksgiving to you and all the members here

13. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

On for the 29th?

I haven't heard anything about another Wed. tourney at 6p PST, so I thought I'd ask if it's still on. I for one will be there. There was mention of maybe changing it from a $20+$2 to something else. I just don't want to sign up for the wrong tourney.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2006
  14. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Mid-Atlantic

It makes sense to go for a time that's convenient for the US players, but 6PM Pacific is 2AM in the UK and 3AM in the rest of Europe. If you do go to more than one day, it would be good if one of them was a compromise time that could accomodate both continents. Maybe on a Sunday you could replicate the Global Wednesday tournament time of 8PM GMT (12PM Pacific).

15. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

Tonight

I would like to pass along the info that tonight we will be playing a $20+2 Multi-table tourney at 6pm PST. Also, a second day at a time that's better for the Europeans is being looked into.

16. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

OK, today at 6 PM Pacific, 7 PM Mountain, 8 PM Central, 9 PM Eastern.
    See ya there.
    I like the idea of a second weekday at a different time to accommodate our far-flung friends.

17. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Good stuff.

I suggested Sunday on the assumption that the weekend would be best for US players (since otherwise they might be at work), and Sunday would be better than Saturday for the Europeans, since Saturday night ought to be spent attending wild parties etc. :)

But if it is to be another day, bear in mind that we can still play at Global, so Monday and Wednesday 8pm GMT are currently taken (although I worry that this may not continue for long).

18. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

Wed. the 6th

Only 8 people showed up last night. We hung around until about 9:10p and then people started dropping off. I know there will be nights when some can't play. I am just hoping this doesn't mean the Wed. night thing is going to end after only 2 weeks.

19. KenSmith

I forgot until today. I'll try to remember to post next week. Be sure that someone does, and we should get enough players.

20. KenSmith

It's Wednesday already.
    We'll play at 6 PM Pacific, 7 PM Mountain, 8 PM Central, 9 PM Eastern.
    That's 15 minutes from when I'm posting this.
    $22 14 player SnG at Bet21 or UltimateBet.