What will happen with Harrah's?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Dec 6, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Well from what I am hearing Harrah's sell should go through around January 20th, 2008.

I wonder how that will effect their:

1. Monthly tournaments - Rumor is no more Millionair maker events.
    2. Card's (point system)
    3. Players banned from differant properties?

2. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

I don't think anyone outside their "inner circle" really knows what, if any, changes are in store. Since a private investment "syndicate" is doing the buying, I assume they have no gaming experience. This leads me to believe they'll keep the current management in place - probably. With that in mind, I'll give my "best guess" answers to the questions:

3. I read an article in The Las Vegas Review Journal today about the Harrah's people going before the Nevada Gaming Commission and getting their deal approved. I didn't pay any attention as to whether this action just happened or not. As reported in this article, the investment group purchasing Harrah's indicated to the Gaming Commission that there would be very little change in the management and that they were happy with the present management team. Therefore, I don't anticipate any sudden rush to change the things that made the company a desirable acquisition in the first place. One thing Harrah's seems to have the hang of is identifying and marketing to the customers that they value.