what would you bet?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by tgun, Jan 14, 2008.

1. tgun

tgun Member

Final hand - 30 sec to make bet - Payouts are (1st $1700) (2nd $1100) (3rd $450) (4th $350) (5th $300) (6th $200) (7th $100)
    betting last Min 15 Max 500 no surrender no insurance BJ pays 2 to 1
    entry fee $30

1 br $1015 bet $500
    2 br $300 bet $300
    3 br $1005 bet $15
    4 br $525 bet $500
    5 br $800 bet $200
    6 br $665 bet ?????

tgun

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2008
  2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

What an awful situation. If you bomb in and everybody wins, you can't win.
    If you bet min and everybody loses, you STILL can't win.

I'm bombing in with the $500 max, and hope for a swing over BR1. Since the two players with lower BR's behind me have already bombed in, at least I'll correlate their results. And if everyone wins with no splits or DD's, I move into the second place money. Plus, in the unlikely but possible situation of my getting a natural, the only player who can catch me is that first guy - and he'll have to split or DD and win.

3. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Maybe I am missing something here, but if you play for a dealer-beats-all scenario, wouldn't you be better off splitting your bankroll? Bet $330 and that leaves you the option to split pairs. You could still get to $995, which beats everyone should they all lose. I am with LeftNut here and just bomb away!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2008
  4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Schultzy, with a max bet here, you have 2nd high. You only have to swing one person to win it all. With the smaller $330 bet to allow a pair split, that's definitely not the case. With that bet, you must get a second bet out to be competitive if other players win.

5. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

Someone posted after LeftNut and suggested a bet of $345. That posted has been deleted. I was suggesting that if you want to bet that amount, it would make more sense to split the bankroll and have more options. It's really a no-win situation, you really need ALOT of luck in this situation.

6. maxwell

maxwell Member

sorry

Sorry The More I Looked At What I Posted The More I Did Not Want The Post Seen
    But I Agree With That Split Bank And Hope For Dealer Take All With The Options Of Splitting Or Dd:d :d

7. Schultzy

Schultzy New Member

That's the reason we have this forum! It wasn't a bad bet, but like Ken says "There is always a better bet!"

8. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Ah, your post makes more sense now. No problem maxwell or Schultzy. As you say, that's why we discuss these things.

9. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

I'll agree with LeftNut on this one - basically the cards have to be in perfect alignment for 6 to win so why not go all in and likely DD.

NOW having said that look at the bet for #5 BR 800 only betting 200?

I think THAT could and should have been a better bet like 260.

It looks to me like #5 was betting to prevent a full swing over #2 but in doing so really limited their ability to take 2nd place or better yet 1st place if BR1 busted or got swung.

10. toonces

toonces Member

I'm gonna play for 3rd place. :)