When do we get to play elimination BJ online

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by Tinker, Aug 6, 2006.

1. Tinker

Tinker New Member

I need to practice. Please, where can I practice or play? The Beta testers are the only ones playing. Please tell UBT to try a few free tournaments or simple sit-n-gos.:flame:

2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

I'd like to know as well

Someone must have a reasonable idea when online UBT is available. Soon please....

Cheers

Reachy

3. pCubed

pCubed New Member

Beta Testing

I've been playing the UBT BJ tournaments for a while now and they're great, but there's still some bug that needs to be worked out. That's probably holding up the roll out. Occasionally, the game would freeze up, and this is a big disadvantage especially during an elimination round. All-in-all, it's very good software. MUCH better than Global and blackjack21, and a wider base of people. Also, they've been very generous with the tournaments.

4. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Can't wait!!!

Will the online version mimic the TV version? Without looking up the format and rules I can't be sure how exactly things will be working but doesn't the UBT have face down double down cards, secret bets and other less traditional rules? If so will they be followed online?

Cheers

Reachy

5. bahoozle

bahoozle Member

Beta Testing???

How do we get hooked up with a gig like that? I'm real good at crashin' software.

6. noman

noman Top Member

Reachy Prediction

I think you'll be the winner into the finals in Aruba, from the on-line qualifier.
    Bring your speedos, but no tanning lotion, nail polish, special steroid laced water, toothpaste or mouth wash. It looks soon and everything you posted is correct. Some games' stakes and max bets are different. Why? Idaho! Alaska! But don't be shy in Wyoming or you won't make it out of the first elimination hand.

From all I'm seeing, hearing, channeling, there are just some minor bugs to be fumigated and then it's party time. As long as the programmer crasher doesn't try to be funny.....again.

7. Reachy

Reachy New Member

That's just spooky

Not only have you predicted the outcome of the online qualifier correctly you have also described exactly the contents of my travel bag! You may not be familar with Peter Stringfellow Stateside but lets just say with my fluo pink tanga briefs I cut a somewhat dashing figure at the poolside much like him.

I'm not sure that baby oil counts as tanning lotion but lets just say, to get that distressed leather hue I shall be basting myself every 20 minutes.

As for the nail varnish and performance enhancing drugs I will be maintaining my regular french polish appointment with the local nail technician and I have a lifetimes supply of testosterone patches which I shall by applying Floyd Landis style probably sewn into my tangas. That should put hairs on my chest!!!

Cheers

Reachy

8. AceDonovan

AceDonovan Member

And I was just about to get lunch.

There goes my appetite.

It disappeared about the time that baby oil came into play. :joker:

9. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

So how do you have to know to get the special invite to the beta testing?

Can you tell us any more such as:

do they have 1-1 games

do they have sit-n-go

how often are their multi-table tourneys

What makes is better than global and BJ21?

Inquiring minds want to know :confused:

10. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

OMG! This post and the new avatar - STOP! PLEASE STOP have mercy on us!

I hear the phone ringing it must be the monty python gang giving you an invitation to join their troupe.

It is for this very reason that UBT will be going to Paris and not England. Imagine all you cheeky little blokes running around like that! :eek:

At least us US blokes just wear the big silly 20 gallon cowboy hats - but we keep our clothes on! :eek:

My have we digressed from the subject. Please let us play UBT online so we can stop this madness! :joker:

11. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Just wondering ....

I just played the single person BJ at UB this weekend. Nothing special there. The UBT tourney site that you've been testing will it be separate from UB or an extension? Also any idea when they plan on releasing it?

12. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Beta-testers are not allowed to disclose any particulars, which is why these questions continue to go unanswered. I'll mention though that the Multi-player blackjack bears no resemblance to the single-player version at UB.

Release date? Still no word on that yet.

13. Drbass

Drbass Member

Problems with screen display on UBT bj tournament

Last night I registered to play the beta for the ubt tournament at 10pm EST. When I opened the screen to play, it had changed from the night before (when I also played). Some of the seats on the right side of the screen were not visible - and I was assigned to one of those seats. I also could not see any betting information at bottom. It was frustrating. Did anyone else have these problems?

14. Reachy

Reachy New Member

You must be a beta tester?

This isn't something that's available to me and other members of the public is it? Is so where do I log on?

Cheers

Reachy

15. noman

noman Top Member

UBT Beta testing:

Dbrass: A tip passed on to me by David(yellow submarine) Mathews. go back to your control panel and access screen resolution and decrease resolution and screen size. Should see a small square representing proportional size to your viewing screen, which will increase, or decrease as you adjust it. Give that a try. Or maybe Ken S. can tell you simplier.

Should be able to sign up at Enninger's site, or LVA or even at UBT.

16. Reachy

Reachy New Member

No dice

Been there, done that, I'm on the list! I'm just not beta test material obviously :D

Cheers

Reachy

17. noman

noman Top Member

Reachy Beta:

Hang in there. There has to be a need for the International flavour. Re-reregister. re-sign up. Demand your rights. How can this be a world wide tour if it won't allow a left handed side of the road view point?

18. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Just tried

Re-registered: Said already registered. Tried to send email: Page 404.

Cheers

Reachy

19. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Don't feel bad - I did all that also. They just won't let us "special" people be testers. I guess they're afraid we'll ask too many questions! :laugh:

20. Drbass

Drbass Member

I'll give it a try

Thanks, Noman, I'll try out your suggestion,