When to bet big?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by darklord, Oct 6, 2006.

1. darklord

darklord New Member

if 2 advances out of 7, and a couple of players had a max bet lead over me early in the round, should I be panic and make a max bet to catch up as soon as one or both of these players bet small even if it is not half way through the round? Or should I just let them lead regardless of how small they bet and wait at least half way through the round?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  2. Reachy

Reachy New Member

Sounds familiar

I take it this is UB/Bet21/PLAYubt?

So many times I have watched and beaten players who early on had 1 or 2X max bet leads over me. If they're still betting big I sit tight and bet small. If they bet small I still sit tight and watch for a few hands. Often, if there are a couple of players with big leads, they start scrapping each other and forget that you are there and beat each other up with max bets. In my recent experience I have rarely seen a player who gets a big lead through big bets early on sit tight and minimum bet until the end, they break eventually and start chucking $25K out! Be patient!

I sometimes try and creep up on big leads with 5-10K bets so that when/if I get within shooting distance I can unlease a big one and take them unawares.

However if you don't catch up and there are are only a couple of hands left you will need to fire out a big one. If you can wait until you are last to act, wait and push the button, otherwise, depending on how far back you are, start banging them out from about 2 or 3 hands back. I always try and leave it as late as possible.

Cheers

Reachy