Where to play??

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by jmbelders, Feb 23, 2005.

1. jmbelders

jmbelders Member

Being new to the tournament scene, I would like to start competing. I live in north Texas. Are the weekly tournaments in Bossier City or Shreveport a decent place to start? That would be good driving range from where I live. Also, what about online tournaments. Where is a good place to get started there. Thanks, J. Belders :)

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Welcome

I'm in Irving, how about you? Shreveport/Bossier City has a couple of little tournaments.

Boomtown (Doomtown) on Monday nights $20 entry and Hollywood $20 entry on Tueday nights.

Hollywood is okay around $2,450 for 1st, Boomtown $500 for 1st.

It is better then nothing, but weak compared to NV or MS tournaments.
    If you can get into some of Sams Towns VIP tournaments there pretty good.

As far as online the only place for tournaments is Global-Player. There site is Global-Player when you sign up use the code "Cruise" and get a $40 bonus. They run the only elimination style BJ tournaments on the internet.

Get hold on me if you want to try one of the Shreveport/Bossier Cities tournaments, I will be down there next Monday for Sam's Town VIP tournament and will stay over for Hollywoods mini on Tuesday night.