Why not try some old school?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Aug 1, 2005.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Everybody talking about new ideas, why not just go back to some of the old formats.

For those that weren't playing back in the 80's, we use to get paid $1,000 for each session winner, and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round winners would win $5,000, $10,000, and a new car besides the big prize money.

One other thing they offered was anyone that won their table in all three rounds won a seat at the finals, (which hardy ever happened with 600 players).

Why not bring this idea back to the 2 million dollar tournament? I already talked to joep about it and he was interested. Just think we need players to make this new tournament succeed, but what incentive does a player have to play in more then one (if he/she qualifies).

Now we offer the incentive, (hard but possible). Less say you win one of the monthly events and you play and win again in the same year instead of just winning another $20,000 (which is not bad by it's self) now you win a bye into the 2nd round. Then you win a 3rd you get a bye into the 3rd round (max. 3rd round bye).

Also if you "just" qualify (top 16 each month) twice in the same year you can get two playing spots (at sperate starting times, spots cannot be sold) and play each until you lose or match up at the same playing times (at which case you forfit one of your spots). And should you win a third time you get a auto bye into round 2 (but can only play the one spot, not multiple) and limited to first two players to do so only for the 2nd round bye.

Does it effect the rest of the brackets? Yes/No! If someone did have multiple win's they would give up two spots in the first round which would open up two extra wild cards. However in Round 2 there would be one less wild card. If they had a third win then and a bye to the third round it would open up three wild cards in round 1, round 2 would stay the same, but round 3 would have one less wild card.

I feel that anyone willing to try again after qualifiying should be given this bonus. To begin with we only have 12 chances per year, and for someone to win multiple times within the same year would be such a long shot that they desever the bye. Just qualifying is easier but by no means easy and should also be rewarded.

How I know the players that will be against this are the ones that don't want the extra compitition, but think about what we have been talking about losing and trying to keep open tournaments? If we don't have the players then we don't make the money and we lose another tournament.

This will help us getting enough players each month in these tournaments so we won't have to depend on 150 to 200 new players each month. All I am trying to do is find why's to bring in more money each month so that we make this event a success.

Just look back over the three year history of the LVH million dollar tournament, only one person ever won twice and that was three years apart. The most anyone ever qualified was twice in one year over the same time.

I know everybody is up now for the 2 million, but how many would put up $3,000 a piece right now to assure it's success? I'd bet not many, so why not let the players who are willing to keep adding to the event a chance at a bonus. After all they are helping all of us out by doing so and for a very big long shot.