Winning percentages

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Sun Runner, Feb 1, 2006.

1. Sun Runner

Sun Runner New Member

Just curious .. for those of you who have played say 25 tournamnets or more, what percentage - personally or generally -you have earned $$$ out of the prize pool?

I don't care if the entry fee was zero, comped, or paid out of pocket .. was wondering of all tournaments played, what percentage of them do you take money home?

I guess to further clarify, I'm not talking about day money, appearance money, standing around and winning the lucky drawing money .. I mean taking money out of the prize pool from play.

10%, 30%, 60%, more?

Hope that's clear.

Thanks .. should be interesting, at least for me!

2. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

2005 results

In 2005, I played 14 tournaments. I reached the final table 4 times with 2 firsts, 1 third, and 1 sixth. Total prize money $151,090.00. That would be 28% in the money.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2006
  3. Sun Runner

Sun Runner New Member

deltaduke .. Wow.

Thanks for the reply .. nice going. What a away to make a living!

4. darklord

darklord New Member

I mostly participate in mini tournament in my area. For the past 45 days, I played 31 tournaments and I made to the final 12 times or 39% of the time with 3 1st places, 2 3rd place, 1 4th place, and 6 7th places. My profit is $3150 (after I deduct tips and buy-ins). Before tips and buy-ins, my winnings from tournaments is very close to $5000.00. This is way better than counting card especially if you don't have a large capital. But I am not sure whether this is an expected rate for me in a long run (I hope it is), I guess only time can answer that. By the way, I don't consider myself a professional, this is just my part time gig while I go to school. Professionals players probably makes way way more than I do, because they participate in bigger tournaments.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2006
  5. Sun Runner

Sun Runner New Member

Nice

31%. Well done.

This is interesting. When I first began paying attention to tournaments I thought I should be at least a 60% favorite to place in the money. In the last eight months I'm 3 of 7; not a good sample size but still lower than I had expected.

Thanks for the feedback.