Winstar Tournament Questions

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by aleph_0, May 12, 2008.

1. aleph_0

aleph_0 Member

Is the entrance fee for the June 13 tournament $500?
    Also, can you enter over the phone, or do you need to
    enter in person? An information would be appreciated.

2. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

$550

The entry fee is $550 (an entry chip), the June event chip is "Green".

You can buy your chip over the phone, however you must register in person between 12:00 noon and 2:00 p.m. the day of the tournament. Play starts at 2:00 p.m.

3. aleph_0

aleph_0 Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info Rick. I'll be in Arlington next week for a conference
    and can take a trip up there to register.

4. BJMAILMAN

BJMAILMAN Member

Winstar $2mil

You register the day of the tournament. You can buy an entry chip thou.

5. Redhook

Redhook Member

a few related questions

So . . . for example, a person could show up at noon, buy a tournament chip, register, and then starting at 2pm play the tournament all in the same day??

If a player makes the top 6, how long are they obligated to stay and be filmed? Until Monday night? Tuesday?

Thanks!

6. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Sunday night

The finalist get back Sunday night and the last of the filming is normally done around 10:00 p.m. Since D/FW or Love Field are the closest two major airports and both over an hour away, most players just stay over until Monday to leave to go home.

However if having to wait until Monday is the worst thing you have to do for a chance to win a Million dollars in August, I am willing to suffer through it...LOL.

7. The Landlord

The Landlord New Member

redhook

Yes. In theory, a player could show up at noon, buy a chip, register and play at 2 all in one day. In the last 3 months, approx. 25-50 players have paid the $550 entry fee to play in the tournament. Reminder: they offer 180 buy-ins at the $550 buy-in. I would suggest to call the box office on a regular basis to check buy-ins and show up on Thursday if possible and buy-in at that time.

8. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

One hint about the show filming, since I'm rather handcuffed as to what can be revealed:

Take adequate shirts with you. One or two extras won't hurt. And make them logo-less or they'll just sit in your suitcase because the TV crew won't allow it.