Wong Strategy Question?

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by slim100_us, Feb 12, 2005.

1. slim100_us

slim100_us New Member

I am reading Stanford Wong's blackjack tournaments strategy book. I have a question on Chapter 6, Final hand, two winners per table.

Page 88 says, the only time it is advisable to try for second high if all player bets lose is if there are precisely three people in contention for the two spots. So in other words do not keep the second highest amount of unbet chips unless there is only three people in contention.

Where I am geeting confused is on page 116. This is when four or more people are still in contention and you are BR1 the rule of thumb is to keep the second-largest pile of unbet chips and bet the balance of your bankroll.

I guess my question is if you are BR1 in a game where two winners go per table should you keep the second highest amount of unbet chips regardless of how many people are in contention?

Thanks,

Slim

Last edited: Feb 12, 2005
  2. swog

swog Elite Member Staff Member

second largest chip stack

Wong is trying to make it as simple as possible for us....
    second most in chips is great with 3 people and 2 advance.....
    pg. 116 is for BR1 not having to bet first...
    in that case Wong's assumption is ....as BR1 keeping the second largest chip stack...should give you a large enough bet to take second high also....
    but this is a bad assumption