World Series of Blackjack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by DavidLillard, Jan 29, 2005.

1. DavidLillard

DavidLillard New Member

Is there a way for NON professional players, like me, to enter? All I see are banned pros, dealers and pit-bosses. Maybe a system can be set up like the WSOP and, now, the WPT, if there isn't already a way?

Thanx, David (or, as Regina recently crowned me, Dyno-David).

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I hope so

In the weeks prior to the filming of WSOB2, GSN did solicit information from potential players. An email address for GSN was published on this site, and they did follow-up interviews with many people who submitted information.

However, GSN's selection process is primarily driven by TV concerns, not by qualifications. For many people who submitted information, it was an exercise in frustration. I hope that if the event returns we'll see a larger field, and perhaps that will make it easier to get an invitation.

Regardless, stay tuned here and you'll be sure to get whatever information is available about submitting your personal details for next time.

3. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

St. Ignace

DynoDave,

Saw that you were from the UP. Are you going to be at St. Ignace next weekend?

Dan

4. DavidLillard

DavidLillard New Member

St. Ignace Tournament

Yup!

Hopefully, I'll do better than last time. Didn't cash in the tourney; and LOST at the regular tables.

FYI, David.

DavidLillard2004@Yahoo.com

5. DanMayo

DanMayo New Member

Sorry David...

...when I was typing the message I was trying to remember the handle you used in your post, I should of backed up and re-read your post.

I'll take this off line and drop you a line.

Dan :D

Check your Private messages on this board.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2005
  6. cmonseven

cmonseven New Member

There is HOpe

7. I agree.

Would love to see them allow some public players in there. I know I could compete and do very well with the oportunity. How many players are in this years tournament? Just curious.

Take Care
    Capt.BlackJack

8. catch 27

catch 27 New Member

WSOB-info

There were 40 players. If you go to www.gsn.com you will be able to read bio's on all of the players. They are very interesting. GSN will be asking for people interested sometime in the summer for WSOB players in 2005. Keep checking their website. Anyone has a chance.

Goodluck!
    Catch 27

9. Joep

Joep Active Member

40 of the best well almost the best

There were 40 players that played in this years event.They will be 8 shows with 5 players per show.Then there will 2 wild card rounds then 2 semi-finals concluding with the final table being the 13th show .The competition was stiff so if you intend to play next year bone up on your game.Playing under the the lights and TV cameras is a whole other distraction.Then the skill level is another thing to contend with.

10. Thanks for the Info!

I appreciate the info and the links provided. Will definately try to get in on the next action.

Take Care...