WSOB IV: Episode 6

Discussion in 'World Series of Blackjack' started by Barney Stone, Jul 9, 2007.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Not even a 2nd thought, Ken Smith is my pick! Good luck Ken!

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Barney.
    Yep, tonight's my turn in WSOB's fourth season.
    Tune in at 11 PM Eastern on GSN.

Tonight's players:
    Marlin Horseman, T.J. Boros, Ken Smith, Penn Jillette, Helen Ho

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Watching it live, Penn was pretty funny...

Penn Gillette was a character during this show, I hope they keep all jokes and funny actions in.

4. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Grrrr. This is a cruel game.

6. noman

noman Top Member

"skippy"

I guess there are worse things one may be called by Penn Gillette. But even they would pale if it were Teller calling one "skippy."

Still the magician back doored it by giving kudos to "skippy's" math acumen.

I guess play to win means doubling any chance you get.

7. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

At least Penn was entertaining...

Anyone want to discuss Luck vs. Skill?

Poor Ken, it Jessica could have just made a hand or two during that run of busts, you should have coasted into the final three players.

Before Penn's comeback, I though him and Helen may both be gone before the first knockout card.

That was pretty painful to watch and I knew the outcome.

Congratulations to TJ and Marlin for advancing.

8. BlueLight

BlueLight Active Member

Use of Power Chip

I watched the second airing of this episode but didn't record it so I'm having to rely on my memory.

I thought Helen made poor use of her power chip when she had only a 3,000 bet out. I would think having a power chip should give you a much better than 50% chance to win a hand before the cards are delt; therefore bet the max if plan on using the chip.

As the 2nd knock out card was approaching and Ken was drifting toward the low end of the chip count, why not put out a max bet before the knock out hand and plan on using the PC if necessary and climb back toward the top (if the hand wins). That way when the knock out hand comes your not eliminated even if you win the hand as Ken was.

If you think the knock out hand will be around hand 20 and your trailing then put out a max bet on hand 18 - to give yourself a margin for error.

Someone needs to calculate a basic strategy for use of the PC chip and the player advantage when he has the chip.

............................BlueLight