WSOB: Qualifiers being contacted now

Discussion in 'World Series of Blackjack' started by Sidekick, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

All,

Appears that GSN has started to call the remaining open seats. Please let us know if you are on of the lucky ones. I will:(

Sidekick

PS: This doesn't mean its ENDING today, just that they have started the final process.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2006
  2. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

I don't suppose any of the "in the know" types on this site know how many open seats they are filling?

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Yes!

The WSOB has 40 seats this again year....LOL.

4. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

Lol

Thanks so much for the late breaking news Rick, but we both know that wasn't my question. ;)

5. I believe that they actually started contacting people on Saturday.

6. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

I'm feeling my last hope of getting a phone call fading away fast. :sad:

7. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Keep the Faith!!!

So far, I've counted 5 of the possible 10 spots taken (2/20 5:07pm PST).

Tim

Last edited: Feb 20, 2006
  8. lizatlaw

lizatlaw New Member

How would you know?

How would you know that? Just curious

9. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

I would love to keep the faith, and you obviously have some inside knowledge that I am not privvy to. That said....If they started contacting people last Saturday, and the taping begins next Tuesday, why would they be dragging their feet so long? I just don't see how they wouldn't have contacted everyone by now. However, they could call me next Monday and I'd be there. :)

10. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Here is my list

1. Kenny (Current BJ Champion
    2. Ken S.
    3. Dave M.
    4. AOL Contest Winner
    5. AOL Contest Winner
    6. :confused:

11. TXtourplayer

Not sure?

I don't know if the AOL winners are counted against the players GSN will select.

Just trying to give more hope...LOL

12. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

Instead of more hope I'd rather have someone give a straight answer as to whether I should give up hope. :confused:

13. TXtourplayer

Honestly

I never give up hope.

That really is being honest.

14. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

BigTex

I sure hope the deer your hunting have some hope :laugh:

15. Congrats!

Congratulations to those who received word they are the few chosen. Look forward to watching some fresh episodes instead of the re-runs. Good Luck to all. No, I did not receive the call. Will keep trying and hopefully get in some tournament honors this year to put on the resume.

Take care
    Capt.

16. PhillyPhlash

PhillyPhlash New Member

C'mon ! ! !

Somebody on this site has to know somebody who got an invitation ! ! !

Spill it !

17. Sandy Paws

Sandy Paws Member

Courtesy

I would have thought that Darren Toon, and company, would have at least have had the courtesy to tell folks "Thank you, but you were not selected." After all, they don't have to pay for a stamp.

18. Joep

Joep Active Member

kjdu0eqn'LCOWFQ

I do but my keyboard is BROKE :laugh:

19. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

Good Point-Lesson for UBT

Sandy makes a valid point but anything can happen up to Sunday night. Just keep the FAITH!

I think they might be saving the best qualifiers to contact last.

Sidekick

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006
  20. TXtourplayer

It would be nice, but

I don't believe any game show returns thank you notes to the applicants, I maybe wrong.

When I applied I was trying to get on the show so I could have a chance to win BIG BUCKS, not a thank you card.

Not being mean, but would a card REALLY make you feel any better about not being selected for the show?

I understand lots of you would have enjoyed playing on the WSOB, but just think about all the players who have played for years and have never been on any gambling show.

I have been playing BJ tournaments for over 21 years and only been on one game show (WSOB II). There are players that started playing years before me that would like to be on the show.

Now how many of you feel with 1 or 2 years playing experience that you should get on before those players?

I'm not going to tell you it isn't who you know, but at the same time you have to pay your dues and put in your time. At least GSN offered qualifiers this year so everybody had a chance to win a seat regardless of their experience.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2006