Yet another forum upgrade

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Mar 28, 2004.

1. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

While moving the site to a new server, I took the opportunity to upgrade from the Beta version of the software this board was previously running.

Hopefully all went smoothly, and all you'll notice is a different look. If you see any problems, let me know.

2. KenSmith

Upgraded to vBulletin 3.0.1

Another minor upgrade was installed today, to eliminate a few bugs.

Hopefully all went smoothly. If you have any trouble, let me know.

3. KenSmith

Upgraded to vBulletin 3.0.3

Another minor upgrade today. The list of bugs fixed is minor. Please report any problems, but it looks fine so far.

4. KenSmith

Upgraded to vBulletin 3.0.5

Another upgrade today. Let me know if you have any trouble.

5. KenSmith

Upgrade to vBulletin 3.0.6

Why all the updates lately? There were some security issues discovered with the message board software. Recently, another popular message board software version (phpBB) was used to take over many forum sites all over the Internet when a security problem was found and exploited by hackers. Therefore, as soon as I see an update is available, I've been installing them promptly.

My apologies if you've been bumped off in the midst of making a post or reading a thread. Generally, the downtime is about 20 minutes.

6. KenSmith

New smilies!

While I was at it, I added lots more smilies to the message posting page. Have fun!

7. KenSmith

I tried to use one of the smilies today, called :party:, and it clashed with the :p smilie. So, I renamed :party: to :celebrate:.
    If you have any similar problems with other smilies, let me know and I'll fix 'em.
    Thanks, -Ken-

8. dreamcatcher46

dreamcatcher46 New Member

does anyone know how many hands are to be played in each round of the $3400 BJT global player tounament? I read the rules, but this seemed to be missing.

9. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

15!

15 hands are played in each round.

Please note: that you have to click the chip you want to bet on your spot. Each click will place a extra chip on your spot (whichever value chip it maybe). Then "VERY IMPORTANT" you must hit the play button after you have finised making your bet located at the bottom of the screen next to the playing options. Faulure to do this will result in a minimum $10 bet being made for you.

Also you must hit the deal botton after the end of every hand to reset for the next hand.

Best way to enjoy the tournament and the chat at the same time is shrink up the chat site by going to the bottom of the box (until you see the double arrows) then move and shorten the box up to the top where you can see the players and dealers cards still. Next move the chat out to the right across the table (you can only see about three lines on the chat site aand the bottom of the dealers hand).

By doing this you can use the chat while playing if you have any questions.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2005