Beau Rivage Update

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by Jim P., May 25, 2012.

1. BughouseMaster

BughouseMaster Active Member

I too have played in many Beau BJ tourneys and yes they definitely do enforce this rule which is totally fine since they reiterate it over and over and over! What I truly love is the player that STILL does it after all the repetition, then bitch and moan when they get another card on their 20 ! So when this happens I simply think, "You know what? That's TOUGH LUCK! Should've listened to directions!!!"

But either way, I love the Beau tournaments, and play in as many of them (esp. BJ) I can! In November, for the "TOPDOG" tourney, I was able to make it to the final table and thought I had it all wrapped up going into the very last hand, I was really only competing against 1 person but I was on the button first. Bet it all and was dealt a cool BJ... being very excited of this, I didn't even consider the DD option my competitor could've done... and you know the rest of the story, he DD'd and edged me out but.... had *I* DD it may have been taking more of a risk than my already GTD 2nd place $15000 bec the dealer would have to bust out otherwise I could easily be wiped down to only 4th or something like that... fun stuff.

2. bjtour2011

bjtour2011 New Member

Definition of pointing

The definition of pointing needs to be addressed if you go to chips with an index finger out does this mean you want a hit ... I say no... the sad fact of the matter hits are given in tournaments that would not happen on money tables, but the real sin is the dealers getting off knocking someone out a tournament and laughing about it, the pervasive stuck up attitude of this place is vulgar..............Many people are very awhere of the atrocities this place commits..... no sugar coating it if it looks like dog **** and smells like dog **** guess what folks ITS DOG ****... Let do something beautifully simple BEAU RIVAGE... make a hit be contact with the table with an index finger case closed........