Bet21

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by mariad, Sep 13, 2006.

1. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

as far as I can tell - Bet21 and UB are the same site and same accounts and same points and same bonus dollars - my 'pending bonus dollars' on UB show up as the same when I go through Bet21 - and when you access the help screen for converting - you get the UB help screen - the only difference I have noticed is the color scheme - if you set up a bet21 account - it is just a second UB account? - would seem so -

2. Jackaroo

Jackaroo New Member

Second Account at Bet21

For the extra goodies, such as described at Las Vegas Advisor, you have to use the link provided there to download the Bet21 software and register an account on Bet21.

If you already had registered at Ultimate Bet, as I had, you can open a second account at Bet21 but you must have a different user name and a different email address.

The installation process for the Bet21 software ends with a log-on window just like the one for Ultimate Bet (different color) with your UB user name already entered. Do not sign with that name; instead click on “Create New Account” and use the new information to set up the Bet21 account.

To get Kenny E’s book from LVA you have to also make a deposit to the Bet21 account. I don’t know about commingling of money, points, bonus dollars, etc., in the two accounts; I think they are kept separate. The money in my Bet21 account does not show up in my Ultimate Bet account.

--jr

3. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

Yes that is correct. I have the same login name and password (and email address) for both sites. My pending bonus dollars are the same for both sites, and I did NOT get an additional bonus for making a deposit on Bet21 with the same account name. I AM able to convert my bonus from UB by playing BJ on Bet21.

I am 99% sure that you have to get bonus points converted before you can use them for buy-in's (someone please correct me if I'm wrong).

4. DachHolliday

DachHolliday New Member

I had an account with UB then discovered BET21 thinking that maybe it was more of a blackjack site instead of poker. So I set up a new account and deposited money. Somewhere on that site it states that blackjack is eligible for releasing the bonus money. I have played for a few days now and have had no bonus money released. I also emailed them stating that the site had internet connection problems that affected my performance at the table and asked for a refund. Their response was a denial that there was even a problem, pretty much calling me a liar. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

5. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Thanks Jackaroo

That's more-or-less what I suspected.

It's all rather bizarre. You have to wonder if the opening of two accounts by the same person is something that they would be happy about if they detect it. After all, it means -
    • Two lots of signup bonus dollars.
    • The possibility of unscrupulous players seeking to improve their odds by playing two spots at the same table.

On the other hand, why on earth confuse the issue by presenting the world with these two faces in the first place?

6. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

UB a.k.a. Bet21

One can only surmise that something went wrong with the launching of Bet21 as a separate online entity.

I cannot get Bet21 a.k.a. Ub working on my older PC with the Windows 98 operating system. It logs me out (absent) on just about every hand. I have given up running UB/Bet21 on that system. It does however accept Global-Player, Party Poker , Paradise Poker and PokerStar.
    UB/Bet21 works fine with my other PC (Windows XP Home Edition).

The issue of multiple accounts caused some real problem on Party Poker where a player was denied a major prize when PP discovered that the player had 2 accounts. (See Ken Smith's earlier post on that subject) I have addressed the issue by e-mail with Bet21 and the answer was that it was ok as long as the separate account has a different e-mail address.

7. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Dach,

I have been plagued with this same problem...I cant get a fair game where I can play every hand...I have had my high speed DSL line checked and it is working fine...I running Windows XP Pro and have no computer issues...yet almost every game when it comes to my turn I dont get even 1 second to act...I played in a 20 dollar tourney the other day and doubled an 11 ....beep...absent...stuck standing on 11 ...WTF....another hand in the same game beep absent min bet when I auto bet split bet (half) of my total...beep absent again

That is not a fair game and I have written several times and I very often get blowen off by customer service. In fact right not I have submitted a list of games ( I started keeping track) that I was not able to play certain hands in...still waiting for a reply....

I dont mind losing any game ...but I do mind not having a level playing field.....Imagine being in a real tournament where you could'nt play 3 hands but your opponents could play all hands... its just not fair and I see it happen to others and I also never see it happen to certain others...

Its a fatal flaw and when real money starts flying and when the poker players stop being so oblivious then then is going to be some real trouble.

So far ....my compalints have been pretty much ignored as no one has offered a reason for this issue nor have they offered to investigate, nor has anyone mentioned a solution.

I see it happen to other players ...I dont know if they realize how important being held out of even one hand can be to the outcome of a game.

For now...I reccomend staying away from real money games there.

I had no problems at Global or BJ21...UB's program needs a seroius or debugging...or revamping...

I have heard a couple of times from them that they have no interest in the outcome of any game...thats true....but they do need to provide a fair and level playing field...right now that is not the case.

Im unimpressed so far....BET 21 appears to be a mirror owned by Ultimate Bet...

8. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

I haven't played for cash yet, I'm still waiting and watching.

I tried the UB freerolls, but so far I haven't tried a real cash game, I like to sit back and read the posts about any problems if any and more importantly how they are handled.

I know that they have been holding beta testing for several months before the UB, Bet21, and UBT sites opened and I heard they fixed most of the bugs, but with so many players signing on now it seems that a few players (maybe with old systems are having problems still).

I heard hear several players who said they signed up for the beta testing and never got contacted. If a company doesn't even reply when your trying to sign-up, why would you think they will reply back when you have a complaint? Thats the biggest reason I'm waiting.

Now as long as these site take care of the players I won't have a problem playing on them, but everytime I see or hear of a player calling or e-mailing them and not getting any reply that bothers me.

The one thing that I like about Global (and why I use them for all of my satellite events) is because Pumi is normally online and takes care of any problems on the spot. I like that, even if I am knocked off while in the lead I get PISS, but Pumi at least refunds my money without any hassles.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2006
  9. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Yes but do they let you withdraw it????

WITHOUT drivers license, birth certificate, fingerprints, first born, drop of blood, etc., etc., etc.???

Getting a refund is nice but I like to actually spend my winnings once in awhile - at least my wife likes to spend my winnings.....

10. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

UB/Bet21

Yes they are fairly prompt in transferring your money back to Neteller (within 48 hours). No id of any sort required.

11. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

These are good things to hear!

Like I said I haven't play real cash "YET" over at UB, Bet21, or UBT, I am still waiting for the satellite events.

It is nice to hear good things about the sites, makes it a lot easier to make a deposit knowing you won't have a problem when it comes time to get it back out.

I'll give them a thumbs up so far, I wish them the best, as I do for all site promoting BJ tournaments.

As far as withdrawls at Global I don't have any problems.

12. noman

noman Top Member

Wow!!!

Cerritos posted about bonus opportunities at Bet21. But, I too am corn-fused. My UB account bonus only gets converted by pennies in ring games. Just about what your blind is and I can never track what actually got converted, though, I have a bunch pending. If Bet 21 acts the same, I don't know. I'm havin fun playin UBT BJ when I stay connected, but growing suspicions that it's the program crashing me. Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep....Too many men with guns over there......What's a mother to do?

13. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

UB/BET21 Frustrations (continued)

At this point, in spite of assurances by LVA, BJT and K.Einiger's web sites, the 100% bonus and bet21 points are not being honored by UB a.k.a Bet21.
    Even UB's initial launch of elimination Blackjack promised the 100% bonus without any disclaimers that it did not apply to BJ elimination tournaments.
    In spite of UB/Bet21 minimum posted specs that include Windows 98, there are lot's of problems (absent) and money is being lost by players.
    Customer service by UB/Bet21 is uneven. Good at times, poor at other times.
    Keeping in mind that UB is a licencee of UBT and that the 3 web sites mentionned above were ardent supporters of UB/BET21.com, could we expect the 3 sites to get together and get UB/Bet21 to clean up their act?
    Together you guys represent over 50,000 registered users. Should mean something.