Fitz (tunica) 11-12-10

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by toolman1, Nov 5, 2010.

1. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

one advance not so bad

Please elaborate. What is the second chance?

If you don't advance the 1st time, you get to play a second time for free. If this doesn't work you can rebuy 2 times. This gives you 4 chances to advance, greatly diminishing the bad from only 1 advancing. In addition, if you don't advance from these 4 opportunities, there are numerous wildcards to enable you to get back in.

2. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Thanks

Very good explanation. Now, do we know when the next event is going to be?

Billy C

3. sweet william

sweet william Member

next fitz tourny feb.18-19 (per adolph lepre)

4. marichal

marichal Member

wow

hey william;

looks like these are the same dates as samstown. was hoping that the two would have their tournament on consecutive weekends. would make it not as costly to make a trip to that region. now, have to really think about going at all.:(

5. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

Am I missing something here?

Hey Marichal,

Having played in both, I'm wondering who would even consider Sam's Town over the Fitz? Please enlighten us :confused: !!

6. marichal

marichal Member

reread my post

never said one was better than the other. was wondering why the two would have their tournaments on the same weekend. when one is coming from the west coast, it would be more price effective if they scheduled the tournaments on consective weekends, in order to play two tournamnets for the price of one plane ticket, rental car, ect.

it also just seems like they would have more attendance for both tournaments, by the locals it they did not have it on the same weekend.

7. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

I did

...and I can't imagine flying from CA to Tunica for any tournament unless it was Horseshoe's $100,00 tournament. I thought you were comparing Sam's Town to Fitzgerald's, sorry. In my humble opinion, the only thing Sam's Town has going for it is a poker room with very few players.

8. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Sam's has a good steak house and that is about it. Poker room is slowly dying.

9. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Sam's Town also has the most comfortable and fastest 9/6 Jacks video poker machines in the state. The coupon mail is pretty good too. I've let mine dry up because I make few trips to Tunica these days, but for someone visiting regularly this is a good play to add to the area.

10. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

No, No

Oh, but Ken, I played the $1 9/6 for hours last month while there for the BJ Tournament, and never hit. Sorry to sound so very negative. We thought we'd give ST another chance since the last time I was there many years ago. At that time they tried to give my 1st place win at the weekly Sunday tournament to a local by miscounting, over and over again, the final chip count. :flame:

It's too smokey and the tournament coordinators were somewhat rude. DD penetration was not good.

(Next time I contribute to the forum, I'll try to be sweeter, kinder and gentler). le

11. marichal

marichal Member

no problem

thanks for the reply. i guess i took your first reply the wrong way. we played the fitz 4 years ago. thought it was a good tournament. but, really enjoyed meeting the people that played the tournament, as well as the locals. nothing beats good southern hospitality.
    still might make the trip. good luck in your endeavors.

12. deltaduke

deltaduke Active Member

Still play 2

You could still play 2 with more value. Fly into Memphis and rent a car. Drive to Biloxi and play in the IP $100,000 tourney the 12th-14th. Then drive back to Tunica for the Fitz. It is also possible to play both Sam's Town and Fitz. They are only 5 miles apart. You could qualify for the semis at Sam's Town on friday night, and not play again until 3:30 on Saturday. Possible not to have a conflict.

13. marichal

marichal Member

thanks

delta;

thanks for that great info. you have the mind wheels spinning. have to take another look at the situation.
    thanks again.

14. Billy C

Billy C Top Member

Calendar listing

Would someone knowing the details for this tourney be kind enough to put it on the event calendar?
    Thanks in advance.

Billy C

15. Counselorlee

Counselorlee Member

More details...

...to follow. Talked with Adolph re: 2/18 - 2/20 blackjack tournament. He said they would be having a meeting on Thursday and would call me to tell me more. Will post on the forum page when I hear back from him. Won't post on the Events Calendar w/out something from Fitz in writing...(and besides, I make too many mistakes there ;)). le

Billy C likes this.
  16. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member