Hi Lo when the count is negitive

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by dennisedrew, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Monkeysystem

Monkeysystem Top Member Staff Member

Monkey Count

It's true that in high counts you have a better chance of winning your hand. But no counting system used in live play does a really good job of that. Waiting for high counts might increase your chance of winning your hand my about 1%. The most significant benefit of counting in tournaments might be from basic strategy deviations.

Most of the benefit of the count systems we use comes from identifying situations when blackjacks are more likely to appear. Count systems exploit the 3:2 payout on blackjacks to the player versus a loss of one bet if the dealer gets the blackjack. Blackjacks occur only once is about 21 hands, so this is not particularly useful information in a tournament, whether elimination or accumulation.

Still, the small benefit of counting can still be worthwhile to some players. But you had better be certain that it is not distracting you from the more important tasks you face in a tournament. I don't do it and I don't advocate it, because it's a distraction for the vast majority of tournament players, including me.

But then again my abilities are limited by my simian heritage... :joker:

2. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

If only there were an infinite number of you! :)

3. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

an infinite number of monkeysystems

playing an infinite number of tables in an infinite number of tournaments....suffering an infinite number of bad beats....oh...wait...we've all been there

4. dennisedrew

dennisedrew New Member

I've done both and I really like knowing the count I find I surrender a lot more when every hand is shuffled and I'll play the 15,16,& 7 when I'm counting. I understand better about the betting.