Local blackjack qualifiers, maybe?

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by TXtourplayer, Feb 19, 2007.

1. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Your right Hollywood, no apologies nessasary.

I was trying to play nice, but why should I. My statement was correct, UBT isn't going to be involved with the club.

So my statement, "since they don't want to be involved" is correct, reguardless why they declined to be involved.

I only replied to your post trying to be nice and avoid any futher posts on the issue.

Bottomline is I posted something for the players that was all positive, nothing negative. So I shouldn't be the one getting any flack here.

2. pokernut

pokernut New Member

Tex you are right it does seem like UBT does not want to allow 3rd partys to use their name or give an entry to their event. How small would the WSOP, WPT and other poker tourneys be if they did not allow this?

3. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

Enough already with the thin skin!

Why is it that this forum can criticize any BJT site except UBT and it's ok. As an example, Golden Palace was diced on this site on many occasion while Ken Smith was sponsoring it and it was taken in stride by this site's members. On the other hand, the slightest oblique reference to UBT always brings out the beast in Joe Pane and Hollywood. Give it a rest !! :joker: :joker: :joker:

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

Tail Chasers

5. Archie

Archie New Member

It is the best, but why does CS act like this

I agree entirely that Bet21 is the best ONLINE BJT site and offers the best game that ever was (Get21 as an excellent game, but different and appealing to players who absolutely want a quick result).

I don't think you'll find many players that play more than me on Bet21. Actually I did not join Bet21 to win Bonus Dollars, but to play a great entertaining game that offers high EV and different level of competition. I got what I want and I am very happy.

I don't care about the Bonus dollars, but I care about a Customer Service being transparent about issues and a Customer Service that does not constantly give us the runaround about legitimate questions. It's an irritant that could be easily fixed. That's all.

Glad your back Joe.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  6. dreamer

dreamer New Member

Responses to JoeP Babblings...

Friends:

Please feel free to read my responses, along with Tex's, to the continued babblings of JoeP. They can be found over at the Las Vegas Advisor Website under the UBT Discussion section, under the Bet21.com $25,000 Tournament post . Posted on 2/23 at 2:56 PM on Page 2. What a "hoot"! Enjoy...

Dreamer :celebrate

P.S. May be seeing the beginnings of a movement of JoeP himself to go back into self-imposed retirement for awhile...

7. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Dreamer, you've already posted about the thread at LVA once. Enough already. And, for anyone who hasn't seen it and is wondering, it's just more of the inane babbling that is no longer allowed here. Don't waste your time.

8. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

I agree with Archie 100%.

This is a great game. Great idea and I am glad we have it.

That said I cant understand why issues arent better handled. No one comes here to explain issues that should after a long period of delay be better explained.

When I owe a creditor money they will allow me to be late for a time and I appreciate that...but if I continue to be late and futher if I ignore them by giving no excuse or worse a clearly lame excuse then after a time they start uping the pain..

It may have been a small issue months ago...but the continued silence and worse that poorly answered questions by the CS department increase the attention to the matter.

If I ignore my gas bill ...after a time they shut it off...whos fault is that?

This issue could dissappear today....

If they want it go away then they should pay their bills. Its a simple matter.... at the very least a company rep needs to further explain the continued delay.

Let me repeat ...I love the game and the idea... I find it distasteful that they refuse to be more professional on meeting obligations.

9. toonces

toonces Member

10. ANDY 956

ANDY 956 Member

Can we be serious for once?

The only problem that I have with Joep is that when he starts to go bang at it in the chat rooms he becomes too preoccupied to update the Be in Action radio shows on the LVA site.

The European audience must be a month behind now.

Come on Joe get it sorted.

Andy :(

11. Joep

Joep Active Member

Lose a little sleep

Andy as much as I get blamed for just about anything that goes on around here,this one is totally not my fault.The computer program at the radio station KLAV 1230am that makes copies of the shows that allows us to provide it to our audience for their listening pleasure at their own convenience has been on the blink.You know just one Thursday night you could stay up late there across the pond and listen to us live and maybe even give us a ring on the telly.I hope that how you spell it.;) Wait Telly is TV, was is the slang word for your telephone? Help us

Joep

Last edited: Feb 23, 2007
  12. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Well if someone would bother to inform us little people about the show, guests, etc.. BEFORE it aired maybe Andy would be excited enough to stay awake and listen :rolleyes:

13. dreamer

dreamer New Member

Waste of time????

Kenny:

I purposely waited this long to repond to your Post because I wanted to make sure that I didn't just inflame the situation and get my tongue in high gear while my brain was in neutral, but I now must go on the record in this supposedly "OPEN FORUM" and voice my displeasure with your comments...

Since when have YOU become the one who decides what is or isn't a waste of time? Especially, since readers were being redirected to another site where YOU have no control! You were skating on thin ice with your comment, and I for one am not happy about it!!

Perhaps, for some individuals, reading my comments over at LVA may have been considered a "waste of time". For others, many of whom I have heard from, they found my comments at the LVA site rather interesting, entertaining and informative. For too long, you have been too selective of "who" you allow to say "what", and it's time to step up to the plate, become cognizant of the inequity with regard to who YOU allow to voice their opinions, and finally have the "courage of your convictions" to CENSOR all individuals at all times, and not just a select few whenever the mood strikes.

Rarely, in the past, have I gotten involved in reponding to the various Agendas being written about in this Forum, and I have been content with just reading about them and remaining informed. Having said this, in light of the recent "garbage" being thrown at Tex from Joep, I initally decided to comment and try to fan some of the flames. Obviously that didn't work, and Joep decided to further fan the fires. As a result, my comments/responses to Joep were posted at the LVA site for all to see.

Was it a "waste of time" for people to read the discourse between Joep and myself over at the LVA site, because we were taking people away from YOUR site, or was there some other motivation for you saying that?

Quite frankly, it was about time for someone to step-up and voice their displeasure with the manner in which he attacks people. I just happened to be the one to step-up at this particular time, although others have told me that they wish they had done the same thing long before now.

I have never been one to "kiss up" to certain individuals for any reason in the past, and I'm surely not going to start now. If something needs to be said, I'll probably be the one to say it! It cuts down on the ulcer rate, by being able to get it out in the open verses holding it inside.

Granted, some of the words exchanged between Joep and myself over at the LVA site became personal, and that was very unfortunate; although I'm a grown man and can handle anything being said from anyone.

My purpose through all of this has been to perhaps help curb any unwarranted future attacks on anyone in this FORUM from someone whom I consider an "instigator" of trouble all too often. You don't have to agree with what I've said, but unless I've done something or said something that has humiliated someone or violated their "rights" in any way, what I've said can and should be read by whomever chooses to read it...

This is your Website Kenny, and I'm thankful to you that you've made it available to us. You can choose to handle this situation in any manner that you deem best, but when you purposely decide and publicly declare for others on this site what is or isn't a waste of time to read, you as Administrator of this site have stepped over your bounds...

Skipper "AKA Dreamer"

14. Reachy

Reachy New Member

punchbag

I actually quite enjoy reading the "punchy" posts/threads and I don't really want to see them disappear completely. What I don't like is when they spill over into the other threads and spoil them. I know it's been suggested before but I'm going to suggest it again; why not have a sandboxed area of the forum where people can kick the crap out of each other all day long if they like, and those of use that get some sort of vicarious thrill out of watching these scraps can continue to do so ("Go on, kick him in the knackers!!:D ). Those who have no interest in the petty and often childish handbagging can remain completely oblivious to it by stearing clear of that area.

Cheers

Reachy

15. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Reach

It might seem as tho a punching bag thread or a sandbox is a good idea, but take it from me as a person who has been posting on message boards for over ten years now, it will contribute to the demise of the board. The entity and surrogates of bad character are themselves in demise as each action leads to fewer supporters of the bad characteristics. Obviously , to me after being gone for several days, someone has come ung-lou'ed in a rage of jealousy of the deep south. The screws are loose. The process is in action. It is only a matter of time. I dont like censorship as Ken has suggested but in fact this is his house. Sadly it might be the key to keeping control. The only way to keep control is to use the action of control. Just the way it is.

IMHO

16. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Leading blackjack tournament forum for sale. Cheap.

17. BJFAN4

BJFAN4 New Member

My two cents.

I hate censorship. Period.
    I agree with Reachy. Perhaps simply re-posting into a special "enter at own risk" area of this forum might well be preferable to trying to determine who is civil and who is not. I am certain that you have other things to do with your time, like for instance kicking our behind on UB/Bet21.
    This site makes a great contribution to BJT and it is without any doubt the premier BJT forum that one can find on the internet or anywhere else.

18. Reachy

Reachy New Member

the hand that feeds

Guys, you realise that apart from being the BEST site for TBJ, this is the ONLY site for TBJ!!! Can we not be respectful of each other and not abuse Ken's hospitality? In a previous post Ken said we should behave in this forum as if it were his house and I think that's a good idea.

I'd also like to add that I prefer the short, pithy responses and name-calling posts to the lengthy ones. I haven't got the time or inclination to read through the over-long tirades and they aren't as clever as you think they are. If you going to call someone an arse, just call them an arse and be done with it.

You arses....

Cheers

Reachy

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007
  19. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Dreamer

I don't think I have ever seen Ken show 'favoritism' on this site - nor does he arbitrarily filter/censor posts - in fact he lets just about anything go through - one has to rreally step over the line to get censored or a three-day ban - that I think is obvious - your comments about his deciding for others what is and is not a waste of time are inaccurate and unfair - he is as justified in stating his own opinion as any other poster - but I do not believe he imposes his opinions on any one on this site - just the opposite - he truely keeps this as a open forum - stepping in only when people resort to truely outrageous, purely personal, attacks -

As far as Joep and some other posters - some of their posts are simply their personalities and styles being exposed - some are most likely meant humorously and simply don't come off - and some are simply rants - when posts devolve into purely mean-spirited personal attacks - that does go over the line - but that's about the only time Ken steps in -

if some posters seem to have 'agendas' - we are all adults and capable of making our own judgements as to how much we buy into - or don't buy into - those 'agendas' -

Ken - don't get discouraged - keep up the good work - some of us appreciate this site - and all that you do for the tbj community -

20. Archie

Archie New Member

C'mon Ken, you selling this site ...

would be a tragedy for all the BJT community members old and new. Speaking for myself, your site has been more than informative, but a place where we can grow together in this beautiful game we all love. If there was an Oscar given for Outstanding Contribution to the world of tournament BJ, you would undoubtedly be among the nominees for top prize. You would get my vote and, I believe, the vote of numerous others.

Stay put and stand firm.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2007