Progressions in tournies Pt 2

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by Reachy, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Archie

Archie New Member

I've been experimenting with them for the last few weeks in many small and big games and, more often than not, I'm crashing. After my two consecutives crashouts tonight on four steps progressions (the $1000 and the $2500 at Bet21), I think I'll use them more sparingly in the future Funny, it's seems that in my case one big bet at a key point works better in the long run. Progressions, when used systematically, are not the best way to go, in my mind, after experimenting with them for a little while.

The timing of the progression, used sparingly, might be the best solution. I'll use them for sure, but only as a last resort.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2006
  2. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Archie

that is why I have said that I think of a short progression as a 'move' - you run it once when you need to gain the lead - that's a move - one-step move is all-in; two step move is 1/3 & all-in; three step is 1/7 & 2/7 & all-in - you do this once when you have to - and only when you have to - the progressions are safer than a simple all-in bet - when you can gain the lead with the lower increment bet -

a four-step progression even is too risky to run repeatedly - and the increment is too small to make a really usefull move -

if you want to run progressions to accumulate chips - then you need to go to at least a 6-stage progression - and don't want to run it more than 4 or 5 times - but your accumulation with that long a progression - even repeated - will be small - that's why I have started to use a Fibonacci series as the progression base rather than a Martingale - not so much looking to gain chips as to 'bet safely' and hold or slightly improve relative position -