Single deck, even money BJ

Discussion in 'Blackjack Tournament Strategy' started by ptaylorcpa, Feb 1, 2005.

1. Springbac

Springbac Member

I hit the wrong button before finishing

Resplit A
    Double any 2 cards

To a competent counter, what is the 100% deck deal result in?

2. Joep

Joep Active Member

Show Me The Money

If they would deal 100% of the cards out and allow you to spread you would and should beat that game 7 days a week and twice on Sunday's .Even with 6/5 on BJ............................

3. Springbac

Springbac Member

This game is being dealt at Treasure Bay in Biloxi with $5 min, $500 max. How would you play it?

4. Joep

Joep Active Member

4 to 1 spread

If you are using a multi level count using a 4 to 1 spread with all the cards dealt out will beat that game.If you are using a simple +1 -1 count you will need at least 5 or 6 to 1 spread Hope that helps answer your question.

5. Springbac

Springbac Member

I am using +-1 count. At what count do you think the bet should be increased? Even a 10-1 spread does not appear to be a problem. Thanks for your help!!! :)

6. Joep

Joep Active Member

Im On My Way

10-1 spread in a one deck game is not a problem with all the cards being dealt out.What am i missing here :confused:

7. catch 27

catch 27 New Member

Bet Spread

True count of +4 or higher if you are going to go to 8 units or more.

8. catch 27

catch 27 New Member

Real?

Is this game for real?

9. Slow down guys...

first, remember this is a 6-5 game. If the table is full, they are only dealing two rounds before they would have to reshuffle in the middle of dealing out the third round. You are playing at a big disadvantage on that first round and would need at least a +3 to +4 true count at the start of the second round to even have a little bit of an advantage on that round. Now, if you are playing heads up or maybe with one or two other players, then there will be opportunities on a game that deals to the last card. What the dealer does with those cards that are left on the table after the pack in the dealer's hand is finished and she's reshuffled the discards is the key to, if and just how much this game can be exploited. That's about as much detail as I want to go into on an open board.

10. Springbac

Springbac Member

6:5

The cards that are on the table at the end of the deck are left there. The remaining deck is shuffled & cards are then dealt exactly to where they ran out.

11. But then...

are those cards all shuffled together again after that hand, or do they just continue dealing from the pack minus the cards that were on the table from the previous pack??

12. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

They just keep dealing. They always deal until they are out of cards, then shuffle mid-game and keep going. I don't know whether they burn a card or not.

13. If that's the case...

then there are huge opportunities on that game depending on what cards are left on the table on that last hand of the deck. May be worth a trip down there. ;)

14. Springbac

Springbac Member

Only the cards in the discard tray are shuffled. One card is burned. Then they start dealing where they left off.

15. Canuck

Canuck New Member

Doesn't the fact that they don't reshuffle at the end of the round where they needed to reshuffle allow for some serious end play advantages? As Thorp said in his book?

16. Springbac

Springbac Member

Please describe the end play advantages of which you are speaking. I am not knowledgable of how to do it.

17. Springbac...

what Canuck mentions, is what I was alluding to. I don't want to get too specific on a public board but if you send me a private message I would be more than happy to explain it to you.

18. Springbac...

I replied to your private message.