The new BlackjackTournaments.com has arrived!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KenSmith, Sep 28, 2013.

1. noman

noman Top Member

Ken. Why are there bots on the site? Are they yours? I basically understand the role of bots on poker sites, but for here? Enlighten me.

2. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

Those are search engine bots that crawl the web to index sites. Google is an example. GoogleBot accesses the site just like a regular visitor to analyze the pages and index them for search.

Nothing to worry about!

3. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

It is quite sobering, though, to see the web crawlers of Google, Bing, etc. constantly there. Logically we know that must be the case, but to actually see them in action does hammer home the point that Big Brother is watching! :)

And it makes you realise the scale of the resources that must be being employed, given that there is nothing special about our site, and the whole web is constantly being scrutinised in this way.

4. noman

noman Top Member

ok thanks ken. and london u betcha

5. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

After a few weeks of other projects, it is time to get back to work here and finish up a few items on my list for the site.
    The first priority is finishing the expanded "Add a Tournament" process, so it will be more flexible and visible.

It is also apparent that many visitors to the site still haven't figured out how to use the Event Calendar and its search features.
    I think I need a video that explains some of the site features.

I also have not yet emailed old members of the site to introduce the new version. That needs to happen as well.
    Hopefully I can make some progress this week despite a busy travel schedule.

6. Things look good Ken. Thanks for all you do.

Trouble likes this.