TJBPA - Las Vegas

Discussion in 'Tournament Blackjack Players Association' started by TXtourplayer, Sep 8, 2007.

1. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Well, I could be courteous and not point out anybody else's spelling booboo.....
    or that Scrabble doesn't use punctuation! :laugh:

2. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

Isn't the English language a crap shoot anyway?

And all this time I thought you were being cute by calling the tower a "pair 'a dice"! :)

3. London Colin

London Colin Top Member

Curteous's Revenge

Oops. Let he who is without sin .... :)

I don't suppose I'd get away with pretending it was deliberate irony. :angel:

Quite why anyone would want to open a new account just to cast the first stone is beyond me.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  4. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

Probably a frustrated, retired High School English Teacher who has nothing better to do with his/her time. I put this post through the spelling checker to avoid harassment but then I thought I should give this person something to complain about, to feed his/her ego, so here goes: Ain't no problem if somebody sometimes misspells a word or sometimes don't use correct grammar and stuff like that! :D

5. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

Spell Check

Listen everybody...

Rick's unique spelling is one of his most endearing qualities.

6. Jeff Dubya

Jeff Dubya New Member

I think everyone UNDERSTOOD what you meant. Good lord... And Rick, I would play Scrable with you any day. Just maybe not for cash... ;D

Last edited: Sep 20, 2007
  7. TedinNaples

TedinNaples New Member

8. jmbelders

jmbelders Member

Might as well jump on!!

Since everybody seems to be on the grammer and spelling bandwagon, I might as well jump on. If you did not know "Scrabble" is spelled with two b's not one. It is funny how threads take on a whole life of there own. This post was orignally about the Lav Vegas tourney, & look where is heading.:laugh:

Weekend house or weekend mouse by the way.:laugh:

9. AKdogmusher

AKdogmusher New Member

I've Always Said

Don't Sweat The Petty Things....and Don't Pet The Sweaty Things.

10. RKuczek

RKuczek Member

Yuk

just checked my work calendar - and realized I can't make the Vegas tourneys - didn't think about them being mid-week - I have meetings that I can not skip out on scheduled for those days (regularly scheduled Board meetings for my agency) - and will have to be in Parker AZ - not Vegas NV - :sad:

hope everyone has fun -

will be in Vegas the week after Thanksgiving and playing in the local mini-tournaments

11. Fredguy

Fredguy New Member

Tropicana Questions

1- Is this event still on....there have been no posts for several days and it's time to make reservations.

2- There is a slight descrepancy on the dates.... the first reference says
    13th - 16th... and the second says two events on the 14th and 15th.

12. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Yes, the Tropicana is still on...

The Tropicana schedule is:

Tuesday 13th:

Registration at 2:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.

Satellite events: 6:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.

Wednesday 14th:

TBT #1 - In memory of "PHIL BACH".

Start: 10:00 a.m.

Thursday 15th:

TBT #2 - In memory of "Big Chuck Gorson"

Starts: 10:00 a.m.

Discount code for hotel rooms at the Tropicana: TBJPA07

13. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Possible nightly Satellites at the Tropicana for TBJPA events.

I just talked with the Tropicana and there is a chance that they may be holding nightly satellite events from November the 8th - 13th for the two TBJPA/TBT events on the 14th and 15th.

I am supposed to hear back from them early next week on if they are a go or not. If they do host them, this will give players an opportunity to win one of the $300 + $30 seats, plus the $40 TBJPA fee for only $77.00 entry (including dealers tips) and 2nd place would get back their $75.00 entry (less $2.00 tip).

These satellite events (if they happen) will be starting at 7:00 p.m. each night for 2 - 3 hours each night (based on participation). Only 1 - 2 tables will be offering these satellites each night. Players will sign-up for available seating for each event.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2007