UBT - Event #3

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by fgk42, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Honestly

nothing perverse about it. I said those are good odds to make the final table and who knows if the turnout is that low there might be wildcards. Obviously, if there are 100 at Palms and if by mericale there are 300 at Barona the likelihood of a final table is a factor of 6. I guess it would come down to how many rounds are at Barona vs Palm as well because that defines how many times you need to advance I would guess at least one more round at Barona. The buy in totals are still out of ratio at 6 times the expected rate to final table

Also at Barona there is a sure thing wild card table drawing for a 10grand champ seat and who knows maybe some more wild cards. I think Barona is a greta deal with low risk and it sounds Palms is OK too. fwiw.

2. LeftNut

LeftNut Top Member

Two freeroll winners at Palms

Yes, there will be two final tables and two internet qualifiers at the Palms.

The quirk is because my lady Deb won the playUBT.com Aruba event, which then got cancelled due to sponsor problems related to the UIGEA. They gave Deb a final table seat at Palms as a substitute, plus one to Kenneth Myles who won the regular online Palms seat.

3. toolman1

toolman1 Active Member

You lost me just like you lost everyone else on this site. I have two questions for you:

1) From the above quote "I think Barona is a greta (your misspelling) deal with low risk". Question: How do you figure "low risk"? I personally have never been in a tournament with 300 people that I would call "low risk".

2) Since you are so interested in the EVs of the Barona and Palms events, which one (or both) are you planning on attending?

4. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

lower $ risk

Its very simple actually, you have risk reward scenario. The risk in the case of Barona is $275 entry fee that yields a potential reward of 40K$ 1st place prize money and a $10k seat in the championship event along with a separate wildcard table for another $10k seat to the championship event. But, I guess what you cant understand is the risk side, and its simply $275 vs $2700. The risk of 275$ is lower than risk of 2700$. If you can explain to me how more people in an event raises your risk please do. You still pay the same risk no matter how many people come to play.

I wouldnt risk 2700$ for an UBT EBJ from my standpoint of only playing about 30 online games even tho it shows a good reward potential. I hope to make it to Barona but have a family weekend camping and riding quads that departs early Friday morning. Mrs Stone might tell me family comes first at which point I will quickly agree. ;)