where are all the $5 players?

Discussion in 'Ultimate Blackjack Tour' started by TheLegend, Oct 3, 2006.

1. Drbass

Drbass Member

happened to me too

Same thing happened to me, tgun. Fortunately, Swog called me up and asked why I wasn't playing - I was able to reboot and got in just before I was elimninated. I've had similar problems time after time. I have several computers and one seems to be less affected than others, but I have no idea why.

2. Rando21

Rando21 New Member

Funny but I have most problems at UB , next Bet 21...and hardly ever happens at UBT site...all the same program Im guessing...Im thinkin they have server issues but hell they dont think they even have a problem and they arent paying me so maybe they will figure it out ..

Im done writing them ....they give a canned reply three times and then they ignore you...

Watch the game and every time you see absent ask your self..."I wonder if he is really absent and I wonder if he really wanted to stay on that 10???

The game runs fine in the chat area....but the game runs at a different speed on the screen...thats the why of this problem...the time delay builds in a cumilative effect and the closer you are to the button the more likely you will absent out even though you never got the betting tools on your screen yet.

This is especially prevelant for an insurance bet on the button...beep absent!
    And you never had a chance to act...

I have High speed and stable DSL...Im running Windows XP Pro...Ive had both checked independantly since trying to deal with this problem...techs say ...not my side...so that leaves them...and they dont care or bother to reply...so I just gotta say WTF????

Im trying to help make the game great...issue free....I dont know what they are doing. I wanna play on a level field...I won 6 of 7 TEC games yesterday...thats pretty tough...try it sometime....I never had one problem of a missed hand though...no amount of luck or skill can help you when you are missing 3, 4, 5 hands...or at least it puts you at a SEVERE disadvantage.

Thats enough though...the pros remain silent I wonder if its becasue they dont recognize or ever see this problem or are they afraid to lose perks?

Not my concern really...losing a good game becasue of technical issues or CS issues ignored would be very sad indeed..I think thats whats happening though. I sure hope not!!!!!!

3. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

Turn off animation

I found that turning off animation speeds things up a lot. That maybe what is contributing to the problems. All that you lose is the cards crossing the table as they are dealt, and seeing the chips being paid and taken away as far as I can tell. I think with animations on you lose time on the clock too. It seems I have more time with it turned off.

Hope that helps.

Pat

4. KenSmith

KenSmith Administrator Staff Member

I can't speak for anyone else, but I haven't had any of these issues. I've seen other players struggling to stay non-absent though, so I know it exists.

Here's a possible hint for those not being invited to the next round. Keep the tournament lobby open, and switch to the "Tournament Tables" view. When the tables reappear for the next round, you should be seated. If you never get invited to the table, you might can find yourself in the player list and double-click on your name to get to the table. Alternatively, log off and back in, and you should get an invitation to take your seat.

5. ptaylorcpa

ptaylorcpa Member

One other item

I notice that just about every time I go on Ultimate Bet I get a software update, however I hardly ever get one going on Bet21. The only problems I have had have been on Bet21. Since UB is a mirror of Bet21, you might try playing there instead. The only drawback is that you can't access any money you have on Bet21, you have to move the money or make another deposit.

6. tgun

tgun Member

thanks for the smypathy and sugestions

That nite was the first time that had a problem on bet21. Earlier in the game I got disconnected and automatically reconnected, which I thought was great. But after winning in the semi, I was disconnected but had no warning. I was at the area where it told how many were remaining but I could not observe a table. I've been playing for a couple of wks.

And thanks Gayle, I was at that table. I thought you were trying a poker player strategy or something!

tgun