Winstar Got Smart.... LOL

Discussion in 'Blackjack Events (USA)' started by dreamer, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Barney Stone

Barney Stone New Member

Matador was one of a hand full players at Club UBT I looked forward to playing against, because he is good. Best of luck to you!

2. matador

matador Member

round one over for me

I lost my last hand all in with a 19 to a dealer 8, he then pulled an 8 and a 4. That's just part of the game, on to the next round. Good luck to everyone.

3. TXtourplayer

TXtourplayer Executive Member

Winstar update

From what I've been hearing the cost for 20 hours has been between $190 to $265 for most players. I ended up playing and got my 20 hours after my brother fronted me a couple of hundred dollars.

I went up ther figuring on $300 so I knew I couldn't flat bet $5 + $0.50 ante or I'd never make it so I fired a little more then I would have liked, but I got lucky and ended up ahead after my first 8 1/2 hour session. The next day I went back and again had success raking up another 8 hours and leaving a little up.

Now I'm feeling good only need 3 1/2 more hours and only 4 players sighed up so far. I go up to finish getting my hours and couldn't hit anything, but made my 20 hours and was the 8th player signed up.

Over all I paid for my gas (three trips about 3 hours round trip each time) and made an extra $75 on top so Winstar paid me to play this weekend...LOL.

Now for the tournament update. It was run very well, staff was very nice, but firm (no playing around or they would call you on it). All tables used continous shufflers.

I saw several players there, and with three adavncing from every table throughout the tournament I figured most of us would all be there, but only three made through the second round; Tammy (Themom82), Larry (Dr. Bass), and I (Txtourplayer).

Several players came out slamming big bets, ($1,000 bankroll and it was nothing to see $200 to $500 bets being made at the start on most tables). Dr. Bass and I played on teh same table in round one and loved our dealer as he hit Bj, 21, Bj, and Bj for the first four hands...lol.

As bad luck would have it all three of us ended up playing on the same quarterfinals table, both Dr. Bass and I hit big BJ's late to assure us advancment to the semifinals, but Themom82 caught some crappy cards late.

However by JUST advancing twice the three of us qualified for the August main $250,000 finals (only 96 players total for about a $2,600 value for each of those seats). Plus once you qualify you can't play anymore qualifiers, so no more 20 hours needed for the three of us, just show up in August.

Interesting note: of the first 90 players with 20 hours, 20 of them DIDN'T SHOW UP...WOW! they gave the 6 wild cards away at 10:00 a.m. and then around 12:30 after registration ended those seats were wild cards to teh remaining players with 20 hours (only 12 more). So the tournameny started with 88 players instead of 96.

I want to thank Dan Lantz and his staff for making it fun and entertaining for all of us at Winstar and giving us th echance to play in these HUGH overlay tournaments. I hope this event is successful and Winstar continues to offer these OPEN event to all the players. On another note I can only hope that some players don't do anything to screw-up this event and cost the other players a chance to play in future Winstar events.

Players Note: if you leave the table for whatever reason, make sure they have you clocked in when you come back. Winstar is not allowing any "FREE TIME" for the 20 hours. I heard several players complanning about not getting their time right, (I never had any problems whats so ever up there), but thing again I always checked back in upon return.

It took almost the full two weeks for 90 players to get there 20 hours in, but then again this was the first event, but 24 of the players will be out after each of the qualifiers so that should help also.

For locals this event is a no brainer and for the out of towners I would give it two thumbs up as well. Hope to see several more BJT.com members in the August finals.