WSOB IV: Episode I

Discussion in 'World Series of Blackjack' started by fgk42, Jun 5, 2007.

1. noman

noman Top Member

Just Great:

I thought I caught the rebroadcast at 2am on Direct TV. I'm glad I read all these posts because I was about to post something incredibly stupid. Because my rebroadcast at 2am was of last year's Buttermaker and The Assasin. But then again I am in a time warp.

2. Phil Dunaway

Phil Dunaway Member

Wsob Iv

Thanks Rick & Ken for the kind words.I have played in over 400 tournaments in my life & this one was very enjoyable.Also,thanks to the other posters for their good analysis of the show.This is what this site is about.Good Job...

3. fgk42

fgk42 New Member

Phil - for what it's worth I think you did a great "performance" as well as playing the hands. I enjoyed it very much. If you could give some insights it would be greatly appreciated:

1. It seemed like you were "correlating with Tiffany" - even the announcer made that comment (just jokingly). When playing this event what was your goal? I mean I know it was to win the table but from the bets it didn't look like you were too concerned about being BR1 but you kinda just stayed in the BR2-BR3 positions. In fact most of the bets were easy to see (i.e. round numbers 10, 25, etc.) any insight to that style?

2. The use of your Burger King power chip on the DD card. Can you please tell me why you used it then, especially when the dealer had a 5 showing, rather than wait until later in the match?

3. Finally with a max bet BJ on the final hand and the dealer showing a 10 and the next player showing a 6/4, did the thought ever cross your mind to DD on the BJ? I know in hindsight it would have won you the table but I would just like to hear your thoughts about that last thrilling hand.

Thanks

4. Phil Dunaway

Phil Dunaway Member

WSOB IV Episode 1

fgk42,You pose excellent questions. I did correlate Tiffany alot because she was the closest person in chip count to me & I wanted to keep within a max bet of her as well as keeping a watchful eye on the other players in case they wanted to get aggressive & move out.My main goal was to make it thru the 2 knockout cards then play the last 5 hands for the table victory. When I doubled my 25k bet & used my powerchip,I knew that if I won that bet that I would be in first place & I thought the 2nd knockout card was coming.As it played out,I did win the bet & moved into 1st place,however,the 2nd knockout card did not come for several hands & left me without that extra power. On the last hand that I received the Blackjack,I briefly considered doubling but after looking at the other players chip count & the dealer's up card of a 10,I knew that the only way they could beat me was by doubling & beating the dealer.On a percentage basis when the dealer has a 10 up she generally makes a hand.Well,the dealer busts,George makes his hand & Tiffany does not which gives me 2nd & a seat in the wild card game.Well that's it,Thanks for the great questions,this is what makes us better players.Phil