WSOB: Qualifiers being contacted now

Discussion in 'World Series of Blackjack' started by Sidekick, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Springbac

Springbac Member

I heard that Darrell Arnold & his buddy Rob have been called

2. Sidekick

Sidekick New Member

I know..

Kenny E (Defending champ) and Ken Smith are in.

Sidekick

3. Sandy Paws

Sandy Paws Member

It would be nice but.

I was not asking for a "thank you note". What I was referring to, about being notified, was that if GSN makes the effort to specifically ask for a video, then they know how to contact you. It is not like you have to include a stamped, self-addressed email envelope with your tape to hear anything back. I don't think GSN is looking just at longevity in playing tournaments. Whether you have been playing blackjack tournaments since the big flood or since yesterday, many entrants have businesses. homes, family, even pets, that need to be considered before heading to Vegas for a week.
    And I want to add my congratulations to those who have made it. Good Luck to you.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2006
  4. cherub44

cherub44 New Member

As disappointed as I am that I wasn't chosen, I am not feeling slighted. I wasn't expecting any sort of contact if not chosen. I can imagine that would be a nightmare for the producers. I actually sent a thank you to them for even considering me. I know I don't have nearly the experience that most on this site have, and for them to even possibly want me on the show was more than I thought would happen. I will continue (if given the opportunity) to try in the future to be chosen, but I can't find myself getting upset with them when they don't.